Just an update on this one.
A teaser first:
With numerous feature requests after the last production batch I have decided to find a way to make it possible for you
users to implement it by yourself
Making the beta firmware a regular release has been postponed to make it possible to add a Lua scripting language. I tried to design the Lua interface to so that it addresses the recurring pains and allows scripting of the features on the list above. The beta is available for download, but, of course, it is meant for testing purposes only so far. Of course, the scripting is not for everybody. It is, however, fairly simple for many to spice up the scripts and also it will allow me to be more efficient in providing help.
A good thing I would like to share with you is that current beta firmware allowed me to:
- Update presets at the runtime. This means to show and hide controls, change their labels, colours, groups, etc. This is meant primarily for integrations with DAWs. With this DAWcan rearrange presets to match the channel strips or plugin parameters.
- Update preset layout based on values of particular control (see above)
- Insert calculated bytes to the SysEx templates. This is resolves the long-awaited possibility to adjust the channel/device bytes in the SysEx messages, add possibility to write own checksum calculators, etc.
- Send multiple MIDI messages with one control and trigger them on conditions
- Change channel and port assignments dynamically with controls (for example with a list)
- Allow groups to be rectangular
- Implement sending of Midi messages and / or modulate parameter values on MIDI clock or make Electra a source of such generated data. This allows implementation of any type of MIDI LFOs, etc.
Whoever wants to test, please check the information at https://forum.electra.one/t/new-electraone-console-testing-needed. Please do not use it for anything other than testing. As of today, I will not be adding any new features to the beta, just fixing bugs reported by testers and on the forum. Once it looks stable enough, it will be released as a regular version.