Confused about Storing and Loading presets

When I turn some dials (for example) from the loaded state where they were zero and Save a Preset to a slot and then Load it back up, the dial settings are all zeroed out. I don’t see how I load up one of the configs I stored and have it return to the dial settings I made before it was saved. And I just want to load it up, not send it to a target (don’t see an option for that - but that’s a minor issue).
Thanks

Imho you’ll either use snapshots or you need to define defaults in your preset

Makes no sense to me. If you store a preset, it should store all your current settings and restore them to what you had set. This to me is a bug.

Which preset are you talking about?

Ones I create. If I use the store function to store and then load. They never load with the same setting I had with the rotaries set when I stored them. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

Store and load is from a preset editing point of view, not from a user/use point of view.

So things like changes to control ranges, layout, any Lua code are saved and restored.

In use, snapshots are what saves and restores the current state.

While developing, you can set default values for various controls, but while you’re developing and testing using the web editor, none of those control current values are saved.

Thanks. Stupid question. I don’t see in the snapshots menu then how to save a Snapshot vs. Store and Load to a slot. The manual doesn’t say how to create a snapshot vs a Store? It just tells you what snapshots are that I can see. There is no Snapshots button on the Snapshots page just the Load and Store options and Send Current.

Yeah, the documentation of Snapshots (and the new Editor for them) has always been a bit fuzzy for me.
Here - Right Side buttons talks about using the Snapshots button to bring it up and generally how to use it.
In practice, I’ve had some success using it, but it’s not a feature I use regularly or rely on.

I’m sure others that use it more will chime in.

I believe @homeelectra is using snapshots to manage his reface