I’ve just published a new version V4 . Electra One App
- the keyboard is to be set on MIDI channel 16
- only 15 synths allowed (MIDI 1 - 15)
- better monitoring of what is happening on the first page
- velocity inversion is now configurable
- the voice distribution in polychain mode has three different settings
- new hold modes: allows sostenuto between layered synths
Beware: this preset is dangerously close to maxing out memory. So any ideas to further optimize memory are more than welcome !!!
Below is the MANUAL . ENJOY
NewIgnis Notesplitter V4
What if you could turn any midi synth in a master keyboard?
And what if you could add 15 synths together as if they are one multitimbral monstersynth?
What if you want to assign key aftertouch to the melody, using a channel AT keyboard?
Then this is the preset you’re looking for.
This preset assumes the keyboard transmits on channel 16 (port 1) and assumes the 15 synths are connected to MIDI channels 1-15.
Beware: messages will be routed through unprocessed on each channel they were received.
Active transmission channels: when on, incoming notes may be transmitted into that MIDI channel, allowing mutiple synths playing at once.
Green controls are settings
Minimum Velocity will narrow the velocity range even when inverting the velocity values
Minimum Expression will narrow the expression CC range even when inverting the expression values
Pan: is a function to control CC10 in 3 ways:
- Off: CC10 will be static on a default value 64 (= center)
- Cyclical: received notes will be cyclically panned in the stereo field
- Random: panning will be randomized.
The spread of the effect can be controlled, widening the stereo effect.
High note detect Tolerance: when choosing play mode ‘highest only’, a strict algorithm would not allow you to descend notes in legato style. The tolerance amount (in semitones) allows you to loosen up that restriction and descend up to the chose amount of semitones and it will still be considered as the highest tone to play. The same applies to the Lowest note algorithm, or melody detection for High Note AT.
Yellow controls don’t do anything, except monitoring Incoming messages
Red controls don’t do anything, except monitoring Outgoing messages
SYNTH SET UP
This page doesn’t do anything yet, as I’m running out of memory for the moment
ON/OFF & VOLUME PAGE
Allows you to choose what channels are active.
Allows you to set the MIDI volume per channel
VELOCITY & EXPRESSION PAGE
Velocity Inversion When on, the velocity information on the channel will be inverted. This allows velocity dependent layering.
Expression pedal Transmission: there are three modes for transmitting Expression pedal:
- Through: Expression pedal is transmitted unaltered
- Inverted: Expression pedal is transmitted inverted. This allows expression dependent layering.
- Off (X): Expression pedal values are not transmitted
PITCH BEND & MOD WHEEL AND AFTERTOUCH PAGE
PitchBend / Mod Wheel: allows to filter out one or both of these modulators. Default is: all passes through to the active channels.
Channel Aftertouch Transmission: there are three modes for transmitting channel aftertouch:
- Channel AT Through: channel aftertouch is transmitted unaltered
- High Note AT:the channel aftertouch is converted into polyphonic aftertouch but only applied to the highest note playing
- Off (X): channel aftertouch is not transmitted
KEY ZONE PAGE
Key Zone: limits the transmitted notes per channel to the ones within the key zone. This allows for multisynth splitting and layering.
- LOW: selects the lowest note that can be transmitted.
- HIGH: selects the highest note that can be transmitted.
- There are separate settings applicable to synths in polychain play mode (the channel key zones will be ignored when in polychain)
NOTE SHIFT PAGE
Note Shift Allows you to shift notes up to 2 octaves up or down.
PLAY MODE & POLYCHAIN PAGE
Play Mode choose the playing style per channel. There are two polyphonic and 4 monophonic styles. You can apply a monophonic style also to a polyphonic instruments, which will influence its playing behaviour.
- Layer: all notes within the chosen key zone are transmitted
- Poly Chain: all synths in poly chain will work together as if they are separate voices of the same synth.
- Highest Only: will only transmit the highest note (with a certain tolerance), which is suited for combining chord playing with a lead line played by a monophonic synth. It also changes a polyphoinc instrument in a monophonic version.
- Lowest Only: will only transmit the lowest note (with a certain tolerance), which is suited for combining chord playing with a bass line played by a monophonic synth
- Highest/Retrig: same as Highest Only, but a new note is always preceedeed but the previous’s note off, even if you are still holding it. This forces a mono synth to retrigger its envelopes, even when you play legato or holding chords.
- Last/Retrig: same as Highest/Retrig but will only transmit the last note
You need to set here for each synth the maximum amount of voices each synth is allowed to play when joining the polychain. Do not set more voices than the synth actually has, as the E1 will attempt to assign those non-existing voices during playing.
This setting changes the way the voices are distributed over the synths in polychain mode
- Cyclic per synth: voices are grouped per synth
- Spread : voices are spread for maximum variation
- Random : voices are ordered randomly
Hold pedal transmission
- HOLD: the hold information on the channel will be transmitted, unaltered
- NO MORE NOTES: when pressing the hold pedal, the playing notes will be held, but no new notes will be transmitted. Allows for sostenuto effects when layered with other synths.
- NO HOLD: no hold pedal info will be transmitted. Allows for sostenuto effects when layered with other synths that are in NO MORE NOTES mode.
OTHER CC PAGE
Other CC transmission
Is by default turned off, as most other CC’s have different purposes per synth. However you can turn the transmission on per MIDI channel.