DrivenByMoss for Bitwig and Reaper

Thank you Jürgen, great work! Installed and all working well. Really appreciate your work on this and looking forward to seing what else we can achieve with E1 + Bitwig.

I have an interest in live performance with Bitwig, Oxi One and E1 (seeing if I can get a fun playable setup without too many boxes), so this update with the project and track parameter control makes me happy. I’ll let you know if I come up with any feature requests :smile:

Hi Jürgen, is there any particular advantage in using relative controls instead of absolute controls, given that the pots are endless anyway? (Asking to learn whether I should use them in my Ableton remote script too).

P.S.: Really like your design; inspires me to make some design adjustments to the presets I have been using.

Thanks Moss! Looking forward to use it with my MKI when out of Beta :slight_smile:

@jhh I think relative controls are great for relative movement in the timeline with the play cursor…

Thanks!

Yes, they are endless but behaved like absolute knobs. Therefore, I had always to reset their values which was quite performance intensive.

1 Like

Yes, and that’s definitely one that I will integrate in the Ableton remote script as well

Hm… but I can’t seem to get those relative controls to work: I don’t see any midi messages coming out when I turn them. ???

Check the settings of the DrivenByMoss template (part of the download).

Did, and figured it out: needed to change the CC message type as well

Now that the encoders are truly endless, would it be possible to make 0.1 jumps possible, when turning the knob at a very slow speed? No matter how slow I go, it seems that 0.2 / 0.3 is the minimum for 0-127 values. 0.1 would be very nice not only for smoothness, also to bring values back to exact previous positions and the not easy to hit 0.

This continues happening. If you are turning one knob with each hand, it is hard (at least for me) not to hit eventually a third know, which makes the UI jump to another page and breaks the workflow completely. There is this preset with a X/Y modulator that is so fun to play, except that I will go to the mixer page or wherever so often.

Is it possible to disable the 3-knob gesture? If not, is it possible to disable touch knobs in the Electra altogether?

Also, I have the impression that the UI would be cleaner using the thin faders instead of the default ones. In the default faders the numbers jump a lot from one side to the other of the slider, they also change color, and there are some glitches as well. In the thin faders the number stays in the same position, there are no change of color and (I guess) no glitches. Even if the graphic is thin, it’s still clearly visible.

And I don’t want to sound like nagging. These are suggestions to improve this very complete Bitwig support! The combo with the E1 is fantastic. :orange_heart:

1 Like

It is on my TODO list.

1 Like

Martin is already working on this and the latest Beta does already look much better!

3 Likes

Hi Moss :slight_smile:
I had time today and installed your new DrivenByMoss-21.5.0-Bitwig Electra Preset on my MKI FW 3.5 and .bwextension on Bitwig 5.0.11.

I get an error when activating the controller script in Bitwig:
SCR-20231116-qdvu

The Electra Preset is active and receives MIDI, and the Electra controller script is configured for the first and third MIDI ports.

Any guess, what the problem could be?

I have the same issue, either it is a memory corruption due to the update or a weird bug. I already reported to @martin

1 Like

I am sorry, guys, I was away from the computer whole day today. Yes, this is mk1 v3.5 related issue. I am already preparing release a 3.5.1 that includes fix for it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Happy to test again soon :clap:t2:

Hello,

Can you confirm that the parameter values in the remote control panel (for a device, a track, or the whole project) are always displayed from 0% to 100%, please? For example, in the case of a frequency band filter or an LFO speed, I hope it was displayed in Hz, but I can’t see that happening in the demo video.

In that case, do you think it will be implemented someday or is it a technical constraint, @moss ?

Thank you,

creal.

No, they always show the correct units. Same as in Bitwig.

Thanks Moss. I thought it was not the case because all of your remote control parameters are displayed in percentages, from 0 to 100, in the last video you posted on this topic. But it’s just because each one controls various destinations at the same time. So it’s normal.

It’s perfect! Thanks again for your job. I can’t wait to receive the E1 in a few weeks :grinning:

I’m having trouble getting DrivenByMoss to work on the E1. Completely new user, so not sure if I’ve missed something. The layout shows up fine and the settings in Bitwig also looks ok, but the knobs don’t work properly. Values jump and they are jittery. I tried restarting everything. Appreciate any help? Thanks. :frowning: