DrivenByMoss for Bitwig and Reaper

The latest version of DrivenByMoss fully integrates Electra One. Jürgen even made an introduction video. Please find it at:

The integration follows the opensource spirit. I think tremendous amount of effort has been put into this by Jürgen. And the very same counts for @jhh work on Ableton and @joris.roling’s Bitwig preset. I am very thankful for that as I would never be able to develop anything like that.

11 Likes

OMG ! I l Love Moss!!! I love Moss, i love Martin and i Love Stray (Clyphx) ! you are the dream team ! The Music world is better with you !!

@Martin … You know the concequence of Moss making a video off the E1… A LoT MORE DEMAND !!! :star_struck: :heart_eyes:So mutch more !! I bought bitwig Because of Moss in fact… :grin: . He makes such an incredible job with the push 2

1 Like

And i Love Dillon Bastan … You 4 are incredible guyz who inspire and make originals things exists for a lot of music peoples !!! Thanks !!!

1 Like

Is there a way for a preset developer to control the size and highlighting of the group header? I find it disorienting to use the bank navigation and have the top row get dimmed.

It is overall a pretty amazing experience with the dynamic preset handling.

DrivenDrivenByMoss 19.2 is out with lots of goodies for the Electra One!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de

• Requires Firmware 3.1!
  • New: Labels for parameter values are now set.
  • New: Knob touch states are now available which allows smoother value updates and automation touch mode to work.
  • New: Play position and tempo can now be changed with knobs.
  • New: Replaced Cue Volume with Play Position on all pages. Cue Volume is now available on the Transport page.
  • New: Added a Session mode for launching scenes/clips and more.
  • New: Quick navigation between pages by touching 3 knobs (see the manual).
  • New: Jump to a specific Electra One synthesizer preset for editing the plugin in focus. The preset must have the same name as the preset.

Enjoy!

11 Likes

Yeah @moss, so cool that you are digging the Electra and inspire new ways of using it with Bitwig!

The knob touch gestures are an awesome way to access more functions fast - like special moves with a game controller :partying_face: A shift gesture for tiny (14bit) volume and pan movements would also be great. Maybe Martin will open up the hardware knobs for other functions in the next firmware.

@martin It would be cool to have per page (or preset) settings for the visual row indicator. I like the dim variant on pages, but with the moss preset pages they make less sense. The same goes for activating screen buttons via touch when switching via touch in an inactive row. This could be deactivated for the dim mode, so you don’t have to care where you touch in the row for switching…

Great stuff!

3 Likes

The “normal” knobs will be improved as soon as there is a new relative knob element (or as an option for the existing fader element.

4 Likes

Is this relative CC already documented somewhere? (@Martin)

2 Likes

@jhh, I have not added it to the official docs as it is not 100% finished. Right now, there is this special “relative” control type. This will be extended so that the relative CC can be used as a message type for other controls (such as faders, lists). Of course, for these, it will be responsibility of the host software (remote script, app, whatever) to set the absolute value and text value for that control upon receipt of the relative message.

This is what is supported now:

control.type = "relative"
control.value.message.type = "relcc"
control.value.message.signMode = ["twosComplement", "signBit", "signBit2", "binOffset" ]

the sign mode is much inspired by Renoise implementation. ie.

Even though Electra internally has information about the relative speed (rate) of change, +1/-1 increments are sent only now. This will be also improved in the upcoming version.

Pls let me know if this helps.

2 Likes

Great work! I like it.

I had to stay away from the work recently. Things are better now so I am going to finalize my work on 3.2 as well as I will review your emails / github issues. I am sorry for the delay.

4 Likes

Here is a little hotfix 19.2.1:

• New: The last active mode is restored when returning from a different preset.
  • Fixed: Values were still set in other presets when changes appear in the DAW.
  • Fixed: Mode did not update the values when jumping back from a different preset.

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Thanks to @martin , the issue with the missing Track headers is resolved. Somehow the LUA function got lost in the template. Until the next DrivenByMoss release, here is the fixed version:

2 Likes

Hi @moss, why not to share the Bitwig preset on the app.electra.one? I think it would make it easier for users to use it. Just my two cents…

1 Like

Yeah, was thinking about it. But not fully sure about version tracking. I think it is easier to store them with the related software version in case people use older versions.

1 Like

the web app supports simple scheme for versions. ie. one preset may have multiple annotated versions.

I think it is wise to keep the .eproj file in your distribution. But this extra bit would make the Bitwig preset would allow users to work with it as with other presets.

In your workflow, you would just import your eproj file as a new revision to the preset and added an annotation.

FWIW the first thing I’m going to do with my E1 would probably work better with relative control-change messages, so consider this another vote for that feature.

Also, since we’re in the appropriate topic, it was @moss who introduced me to the E1 in the first place via his demonstration video, so buy him a beer or something because that led to the pre-order of two mkII units. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@schabtach maybe, give me and @moss a few days to finish something. It is the next thing we want to release for the bitwig extension. The idea is to make it possible to use relative control change messages with standard controls such as faders, pads, etc.

3 Likes

That would be fabulous, thank you. No rush, though, I still have a lot to learn and play with.

2 Likes

Same here! :slight_smile: I have this idea (abstract so far) about combining the E1 with a Launchpad for deep Bitwig integration, but I’m holding on the Launchpad until I get the E1 and see how far I get with it comfortably before adding another controller.

1 Like