Electra One mkII

yeah, the presets can now be really complex. But as mentioned, I really want to make sure that mkI can still run as many presets as possible. I have a few ideas on how to make it. Of course, there will be presets that will be for mkII only.

2 Likes

I blame Lexicon for all their crazy formatting and lookup tables and packed sysex structures. :slight_smile:

Not even ChatGPT could come up with an equation to replace any of the lookup tables.

Alternate approaches of course are to drop functionality to make it fit in the Mk I after fully developing it.

Hmmm, from a marketing view, you want people to buy/upgrade to a Mk II, don’t you?

3 Likes

where can I see this?

2 Likes

A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

Just got it (2 minutes) :grin:

8 Likes

Update procedure works fluently, and demos already some of the new memory capabilities.
Nice ! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Electra One mkII controllers pre-ordered at the time of the Superbooth (May) will be shipped this week. I will also contact those of you who were interested in upgrading mk1. I will do that on PM.

7 Likes

Hi Martin. I’m interested in upgrading my Mk 1 even though I’ve ordered a my 2. Will you please include me in the list if possible.

1 Like

I am also interested in upgrading my mkI to version mkII, please me in the list.

1 Like

Same here! Please contact me too!

Same ! Thanks Martin ! Regarding a schedule i would be able to do that more on november than now . For now i put the E1 MKI asside in its box since i have the mkII and focus on it. I know what to do with the MKI (future MKII) , i think it will be used with the Ableton script from @jhh .
Still i need more time to add it to my set . Would there be another roll for the upgrading later (like in November) ?
Thanks Martin !

1 Like

I’m also anxiously waiting for a message… :slight_smile:

1 Like

:tada:

5 Likes

The Upgrade package is on the way.
Thank You @martin
:pray:

2 Likes

yes, quite some of the upgrades for E1 mk1 hw version 2.4 have been shipped already. As these are fields upgrades done by users, I will guide the first users through the process individually. I will use input from those sessions to write an upgrade how-to document.

hw revisions prior to 2.3 will be processed later as there are more challenges - soldering required.

4 Likes

Hello,

I am a potential happy new user :slight_smile: If I order today, it’s written that the MK2 unit will be shipped before 11st August. It’s good, but I am so eager to have it that I wonder if there is any chance to see the good shipped before the end of July?

Thanks,

2 Likes

Hi, unfortunately, we have to wait for the new mainboards to arrive from our supplier. I don’t expect them to arrive any sooner than the second week of August. We will start shipping as soon as we have all the parts.

1 Like

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your transparency.

creal.

1 Like

Just an update:

1. another batch of E1 is almost ready. We start shipping next week.

2. Inspired by @Tweakfreak work on the cover, I have decided to provide the STL file for 3D printing E1 enclosure and internal parts. This would allow people who upgraded their Electras to reuse the original PCB board. A refurbished display and knobs (b-stock quality) could be offered for decent price (under 60 EUR). Please let me know if you are interested in that.

10 Likes

Hold on… Would that mean I could use the MK1 PCB board with a display and knobs and the 3D printed parts to remake myself a MK1, additionally to my then upgraded unit? Wow!

Now, as I’m of course greedy, I just need to figure out what to do with 2 E1s!
Has anyone done stuff like syncing them to have double the controls?

yes :slight_smile:

When you connect E1 to the USB host of the other, the messages (on port 1 and port 2) are forwarded between the units. That means that you can run one preset on both to gain an extra screen. Or you can run two presets in the same time. @jhh’s ableton script can take this even further - although there is still little bit of doing on mkII (my side). With that you can run the currently appointed device preset on one controller and the mixer on the other.

5 Likes