Firmware 2.2 and Electra App update

I’ll have a look. Control names can indeed be changed dynamically on the E1 through a SysEx command, but not sure how that would be relevant as the preset is dynamically generated (with the best guess for the control name) already. It would be nice though @martin to be able to change group labels (so that track labels on the Mixer preset can reflect the actual track name it controls).

2 Likes

That would not apply to Rack Macros, which you can name freely, would it ?
From what I understood, your script checks in a ‘bank’ of known devices, and if there is a match, it names the controls accordingly.

Ah, I see. I’ll have a look into this later

1 Like

Thanks !
Any help on how to change control display names with Sysex ? (or even better, OSC ?).

This is the SysEx command
https://docs.electra.one/developers/midiimplementation.html#control-update

Actually, thanks for asking the question, as it lead me to discover a bug. Because indeed the remote script (by default) follows the overall bank of known devices (DEVICE_DICT) it was actually ignoring mapped macros. Now racks are excluded from this, so when a macro is mapped, it’s name shows up in the preset. For the moment you will have to reselect the rack for the changes to show up in the preset on the E1. Changes to the remote script pushed to the repository

1 Like

Nice ! Glad to be (indirectly) of some help.
Still looking for at least one example of a complete sysex message that would change control #1’s name, if you have one moment to spare. That would probably solve my problems.

Hello.
I just tried to update my controller with Chrome. It stopped at 84%. I tried 2 times but it didn’t worked. Now Electra One doesn’t fire up. I tried the reset procedure (disconnect > press the button to force update while reconnecting, etc…)
Nothing happens when i reconnect the Electra on my computer, the screen stay totally black (like if it’s not connected) . I tried to restart my computer many times.
I also tried with the Electra one console but nothing happens.
I must confess I’m a bit scared…
any idea?
all the best.
aladin

Hi @Aladin,

do not worry. It can be fixed.

Download the Electra One Console app from Management applications | Electra One Documentation. Then get the firmware file from Electra One firmware | Electra One Documentation.

The recovery sequence goes as follows:

1. unzip the firmware file
  2. connect Electra One to the USB port
  3. click the update button on the rear panel of the controller. It is the recessed button next to the round MIDI IO ports. You will need a pen or something like that.
  4. start the Electra One Console
  5. click the update button in the Electra One Console
  6. choose the firmware file you downloaded and unzipped

This should recover Electra to the working state. Let me know if it worked.

If I may ask you, send me info about your OS version and the browser version. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you so much!!!
I used the Electra One console as you explained and it worked. It crash during rebooting the controller but the controller seem to work now!!

My chrome version is :
Version 101.0.4951.64 (Build officiel) (x86_64)

My os version is :
Catalina 10.15.7

a big thank to you!!!

The Console crash I think is due to the changes in how snapshots are stored in recent firmware – they’re now associated with the preset (conceptually at least, I don’t know what changed on the implementation side).

1 Like

Is anyone else having an issue with the Electra One Console failing to connect? I just got my Electra One brand new and it has revision 2.4, firmware 2.2. I can successfully connect in the web app, but when I open Electra One Console on my Windows 10 machine it says the usb is “Connecting…” but never shows connected. I can configure the ports manually but this doesn’t fix the issue. Not a big deal, I just don’t know if this is an expected result with the newest firmware.

1 Like

Hi @markhw,

do you have your browser (with app.electra.one) running at the time of starting Electra One console? If you do, quit the browser and try to run the Electra One console again. Let me now if it helped.

M

I tried with and without the browser open. Tried rebooting. Didn’t change the behavior.

Hi there, seems like after installing the latest FW, the faders ui has changed and everything is thiner with some background colour behind the labels. I really don’t like it as it’s hard to see what’s going on from distance. Can you please make it so in the configuration this is something we can revert back to the “old way”?

Thanks!

Hi @roya, can you send a picture(photo)? There are no changes related to faders / ui in firmware 2.2? Thx!

The colours behind the numbers are way lighter in reality, the iPhone picked them up differently.

1 Like

ahh, I kind of knew it was the case. You ran the update on https://beta.electra.one. That is the development branch of Electra firmware. Please make sure you use https://app.electra.one/ for ordinary work and stable firmware version. The visual design of faders is far from being finished on beta and also the development firmware lacks quite some features.

Ah! sorry about that. updated and all good now.

Thanks.

1 Like

no problem at all. I will add some banner on beta to give a clear info that it is a development environment.