Multi-Message Pads!

So one thing that would really be great is if a pad could send more than one message type like a Program Change and a CC (as in, one pad that when triggered sends a PC and a CC). In TouchOSC you have to layer buttons to achieve this.

The use case would be using Electra One to control articulation changes for soft synth/VI orchestral instruments for film composers.

1 Like

Hi, having a possibility to create chains of messages is one the features that will come in the near future. It has been requested / mentioned here quite a few times.

I am even considering making it possible to define conditions when subsequent messages would be sent and also a possibly trigger subsequent messages on midi clock / note events. That way, Electra would be capable of a primitive sequencing.

1 Like

oh sorry-- didn’t see a thread on the topic in this sub?

But that is great, yes I think allowing the chain to be define by time/sequence either in ms or clocks div is a great idea for flexibility and definitely for the use case i describe above where you need to change a bank and then a PC

and if it hasn’t been said enough, this is such an amazing piece of gear, really excited for more to come so I can get one!

1 Like

Cousin to this idea is the possibility of “polyphonic pads” ? I mean when I keep a Note pad pressed the others seem to be irresponsive if I hit them, whereas it is possible to tweak several pots at the same time. Any chance to allow this to happen ?

1 Like

That would be great if could sequence messages. I am coming from Clyphx Pro and there were a lot of good solutions that I think would be cool to implement it into E1.

Also, I was thinking that it would be very cool if one could build a keypad on a double row (for example the bottom double row) that would stay active even when selecting one of the 2 double rows of controls for the physical pots above. That way the E1 could behave as a keyboard MIDI controller with 2 available double rows of pot-controls, if you see what I mean…

1 Like

Is this functionality still in the pipeline? I’d love to be able to send multiple messages from a single control.

You can do it using LUA of course, but you have to use LUA. You can define a control as virtual and then call a LUA function to send as many commands as you want in any order you want.

1 Like