Os date and time functions?

Martin - did you expose the date and time functions, or were they too bulky for the Electra One OS?

Hi, the trouble here is that electra does not have any internal battery. That means the time information is lost whenever you power the controller off.

There is a function that returns time (milliseconds) elapsed since the start up. I am considering that I would add some kind of generator that would return ever increasing sequence of numbers (and would persist the power offs). Of course, it would still not be a real time.

Martin - probably not worth the extra time/energy.
I was thinking of create a pseudo-librarian function for the LXP-5 by storing the patch data in unused Group fields.
Since the patch data is small (57 bytes), I can ASCII-encode the data and had 6 bytes left for a date stamp. (120 chars takes up 3 group fields)

That way, you could save a snapshot and have access to about 64 (or more) saved patches in a library inside the E1 and not need a computer.
However, I’m getting very burned out constantly coding E1 fixes/changes/new features, so for now it is set aside while I focus on finishing a couple other presets.

Like most ideas/features - at first it sounds simple to implement, and it is. To make it usable for someone and handle all the exceptions and use conditions complicates it a lot more.
But you know all this with the E1 OS. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There is a function that returns time (milliseconds) elapsed since the start up.

That’s interesting. What about microseconds?
If so, there would be a way to implement a MIDI timing test panel on the E1.
Much like that one, but with real-time graphics and plotting instead of processing the data offline.