Overview/list view of used CC's in editor

It would be nice to have a list view of the controls and the parameters they use. When I map softsynths i sometimes lose track of which CC I’ve already used. Luckily makers like Arturia show the CC number in a list view along with the parameter that it’s mapped to. But it would be nice to change everything fast in one go on the editor side. Now I have to click every control and change the CC which gets a bit tedious sometimes.
I can understand that showing/editing Sysex this way is not workable, but maybe for CC’s and NRPN’s?

6 Likes

This is a good idea. For the sysex stuff that I have worked on, the ids were only for reference but sometimes they still played a part. for CCs I can totally see how this will be beneficial.

This is something I’ve been wondering about too. But mainly for working with Sysex. It would be really handy to see the strings on top of one another as It’s so easy for me to loose track when I’m bouncing around the controls and scrolling down the Sysex window.

Agree, this list view idea is a good one. I have been trying to keep track by assigning CCs in numerical order (and being careful to exclude important pre-assigned CCs - 0, 1, 5, 7, 11, 64, 65, 123).

I know it is not exactly what you are looking for, but the some kind of similar overview can be shown by pressing the space key in the editor.

I like the idea of the displaying the list of all parameters. Added that on the dev list.

4 Likes

That’s a nice overview also. If it were editable that would also be an improvement. :wink:
But an overview that can be sorted and edited (like an Excel spreadsheet) would be even more handy.

1 Like