[Preset] Korg Wavestate

Why on earth foresee a knobby synth as the Korg Wavestate of a Preset?
The way it is built, the Wavestate might be ideal to be played from a larger master keyboard with aftertouch, or as a sound module where all layers are controlled on different MIDI channels.
Also the sostenuto is an ideal controller to use on this synth.
That’s why I made this simple preset anyways.

There isn’t much Midi implementation for this synth.

Yet, the foreseen (default) CC assigments for all the mod knobs + the main CC controllers, combined with a patch select, may come very handy when gigging, played from a master keyboard, or when each of the layers is being controlled via a different midi channel.

Both pages are equal, except the first page contains the mod knobs for layers A and B, and the second page controls layers C and D.

In the current version 2.1.0 of Wavestate, patch parsing isn’t possible.

1 Like

Can you please stop releasing all these great patches. I take 6 months to put something together for my first synth and in the mean time you do 20.

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

haha ! well, I’m having good time :smiley:
as long as it helps you making the music you love, no ?

I’ve been finding it useful to create mini-presets. Basically a subset of everything possible just to aid in editing/playing a machine. What I was focusing on was the things that were great to edit, but that require menu-diving/scrolling like the typical Mod Matrix.

I use the synth panel for most things, but have a dedicated page just for the mod matrix settings.

2 Likes

I was thinking doing something similar for my Wavestation A/D. Just a “quick Edit” Preset with the main parameters for adapting sounds without to much menue diving, but haven´t had the time yet … still buisy with all the other synth preset building sites :wink:

I’m going the other direction. Not only be trying to squeeze in as many parameters as possible, but also by focussing on those functions that make a certain synth quite unique but that is underlighted or not foreseen/implemented by the original maker.

Of course that is mainly relevant for synths that allow parsing (as then you can see the original construction of the sound) or synths that have more up their sleeves than originally foreseen.

It explains why I go to great lengths to ensure the E1 can parse an Oberheim Matrix 1000 patch, change it ànd store it back in the M1000 memory, or why I add a double ARP control to the Novation Summit or why (other side of the spectrum) I’m currently focussing on the Korg NTS to make it do things it’s capable of, but not designed for.

It’s nice to see the E1 allows us all to have different approaches to a certain challenge, while they can be compatible with one another.

1 Like