Setup Prophet 10 rev 4

Please explain more of your setup if you have the time. :blush:

Not much more than “hook it all up”. lol
What I’m struggling with now is the computer has 4 MIDI ports available. Right now, I have keyboard, mouse MRCC 1 and MRCC 2 plugged into those ports. The E1 is connected to the MRCC USB A port and the E1 DIN MIDI isn’t currently used. (note I said currently).

The MRCC provides 6 DIN/TRS inputs, 12 outputs plus 4 USB ports plus computer port. I have some extra ‘Remote 7’ boxes for the MRCCs which gives me an additional 5 outputs. All of that works well to have any/all note generating devices (keyboards, sequencers, NDLR, Kordbot, etc) run through the MRCC into the computer and then back out to any/all sound generating devices (synths, effects).

If the E1 needs templates from the computer or I need to create/edit a template in the web app, I unplug the computer cable from the MRCC PC port and plug it into the E1. Once the edits are done, I put the cable back. This is an area where I’m still trying to come up with a better flow. I think I can use a powered USB hub and put the keyboard/mouse/E1 on the hub and have it all work, but based on comments I’ve seen so far, not all powered hubs are created equally, so I might need to try more than one.

The secondary issue is that I want to be able to use the E1 for some effects units. Typically those effects just have their MIDI inputs cabled up for things like note transposing, CC control, and tempo clock stuff. For those effects units (until the MRCC 4 input boxes are finished and shipped), I am leaning towards using a MIDI merger and routing the effects MIDI outputs through the merger into the E1 MIDI input ports. The rationale is that I can send changes out to the effects via E1 USB → MRCC → fx and receive data dumps from fx → merger → E1 DIN.

2 Likes

Got my MRCC today. Works like a glove with the Electra One and my other gears. :slight_smile: Finally I can modify midi both ways, on the E1 and my synths and I can see it on E1. :slight_smile:

2 Likes