Sysex messages for Boss RE-202 (Space Echo)

Hello, I’m working on an editor for the RE-202 and have the CC’s working, but struggling with the Sysex.
(I’m also working on a preset for the Emu Vintage Keys using Sysex which is working somewhat better than this!)

I’m following the attached user guide and have tried a few options based on the ‘Data Set1 DT1’ on pages 7-10 but can’t get the 202 to respond. It’s set up on MIDI Channel 1, Device ID 17 and CC controls are working fine.

My code is as follows:
F0 41 (Roland) 10 (Device ID 17) 00 00 00 00 18 (< Model ID) 12 (Send Data) 10 00 00 00 (System, Select Input Source - Guitar/Line) “Value” “Checksum” F7

JSON:
[
“F0”,
“41”,
“10”,
“00”,
“12”,
“10”,
“00”,
“00”,
“00”,
{
“type”: “value”,
“rules”: [
{
“parameterNumber”: 2,
“type”: “sysex”,
“parameterBitPosition”: 0,
“byteBitPosition”: 0,
“bitWidth”: 7
}
]
},
{
“type”: “checksum”,
“start”: “6”,
“length”: “5”,
“algorithm”: “roland”
},
“F7”
]

Any help to get this up and running would be greatly appreciated!
(I’m working on presets for some Electrix and Line 6 devices too which I’ll upload once complete)

Roland RE-202_midi_implementation_02.pdf (48.0 KB)

I am not seeing the model ID bytes in your JSON. You mention them in the text but they are not present in the actual JSON.

The MIDI implementation dococument does not explicitly say that, but I think the checksum is calculated over the address bytes and data bytes (?)

Sorry I posted the wrong JSON code from another parameter I was testing.

Just managed to get this working using the code below though! I had been incorrectly including the F0 in the checksum start number (using a start of 10 rather than 9)

Here’s what works:

[
“F0”,
“41”,
“10”,
“00”,
“00”,
“00”,
“00”,
“18”,
“12”,
“10”,