SysEx | MIDI Learn & Visual Editor

Hi,

apologies but again I can’t find something about the topic in the subject in the documentation nor searching this forum.

Can MIDI Learn be used for SysEx messages? The manual somewhere says:

Always try to twist the knob all the way to the left and then to the right. …

I tried using it this way but as a result it just stores the last recognized parameter, not a range.

If this visual editor would have been part of the manual I’d maybe able to work with that but I can’t by far get the idea intuitively, sorry.

I read the part with SysEx templates but to be honest I would avoid diving into this coding stuff and had the hope I can work without this for the very beginning using E1.

My goal is to have a range from 0 to 1023 using the following start and end SysEx commands:

F0 … constant bytes … 00 00 F7

F0 … constant bytes … 07 7F F7

The last two bytes contain the value.

If I am missing some already written answers or part of the documentation I’d really appreciate related hints or some common advice that might help me get started.

Thanks in advance!

BTW: I would really like to see a documentation that can be searched for specific terms entirely. As a workaround I already exported the current version to a PDF which took quite some time but the text is somehow weirdly encoded and the search within the PDF doesn’t work for most cases.