Touchscreen Buttons for Quickly Moving to the Next or Previous Page

I’m working with presets that will have multiple pages. However, to best group my pages, I’d love it if we could add special buttons (like note or hold momentary buttons) to move to the next or previous page?

Sometimes, I think it would be quicker if I could use the touchscreen to navigate pages, especially for larger presets. Thanks.

1 Like

We’ve already made a request for exactly that:

Page jumping

Isn’t that something different?
One is to switch programmatically, the other an on screen button (which I requested quite a while ago as well, either via arrow or swiping (Martin said swiping is not easy to do))

If it’s programmable, you can create a “next” / “prev” set of buttons on your pages and it works. Yes, they take up 2 of the 36 slots, but that’s not a bad tradeoff.

The swipe gesture is something different of course.

Yeah, I’m not requesting a swipe gesture. I know that’s a lot harder to do programmatically. I would like to have two buttons that take up slots. An arrow would be great, but I think just having a grey button with “previous” or “next” text would do the trick too. I’m assuming that wouldn’t be too difficult to code.

1 Like

A possibility to add such buttons to the preset will be part of the next firmware release. I am already working on it.

4 Likes

…and if its not even next / prev, but any of the existing pages as “page jump” even better!!

I‘m torn again between using an external midi controller for quick page navigation or sticking with the two hands and two step navigation of the electra (hold button and touch fader).

It would be really cool if the left hardware buttons can be configured to back/first/forward page - I don‘t use the buttons for section navigation.

1 Like

Perhaps this could be a option in configuration in the unit?

1 Like

Yes, I posted a new Feature Request. Martin had the idea of a customization option for the buttons a while ago because of all the different use cases…

1 Like