Very complex Sysex (Yamaha SY/TG77) patch parsing

Hi Ignace,

… thank you so much! The pleasure is on my site. :grinning:

I totally agree. But for some specific edit situations it could also be more comfortable to have real knobs to turn instead of using data wheels or even software editors. I created a tool using MIDI Designer on iOS which helps me a lot when programming MONTAGE / MODX. But it’s also “just” a touch screen and no real knobs.

So far I already created some pages on the E1 that gives me access i.e. to the Part Assignable Knobs and Elements. One page contains all these controllers per Part of the 8 main Parts under “Kbd Ctrl”. This makes it easy to work with software editors and immediately change the referring values without the need to touch the instrument or use the software itself.

And this is - for example - a situation where it would be great to have a button on the E1 screen that catches the current values from the instrument so that I see them immediately and can start changing from there. If this would be doable and someone could help me get started I’d even be willing to pay something for the “lessons”. :wink:

Thanks so much in advance. Much appreciated! This is indeed not related to MONTAGE but just for myself to experiment with some special things on a piece of software.

I “just” kept my SY99 and my MOTIF XS. Everything I owned during the decades like DX7, DX7II, TX802, TX16W, SY77, TG77 and a few more had to go mostly for the lack of space.

Thanks again and have a great evening.

Cheers,
HaPe

1 Like