Today I received my brand new E1 mk2.
I noticed that the MIDI callbacks do not seem to get called.
I initially noticed this on the
3.4.0 firmware which was preinstalled on my unit when I first turned it on. I also tried the current beta version
3.4.6 which made no difference.
In order to try to exclude user error I made this very minimal preset: Electra One App
Here are the steps to reproduce:
- Connect E1 to computer
- Open preset in editor and send it to E1
- Select the first MIDI port of the E1
cc 1 127
- Observe that the pad on the E1 switches to the
- Observe the text
startedin the bottom right corner
I am calling
info.setText("message") in my callback and I would expect the
started text to change to
message on the bottom right corner, but that doesn’t happen.
If I set the log level to
Trace then I can see the following lines printed as I send in the CC messages:
... 21:31:16.365 ElectraMidi: processMidi: Control change midi message: parameter=X, value=Y ...
Y correspond to the parameter number and values that I am sending in.
Just as a sanity check, un-comment line 4 and observe as the text in the corner changes to
counter N where
N is increased by one every second.
It would be nice if others could try to reproduce this and report back with the results.