Ableton Live MIDI Remote Script / Control Surface

Hi Bob,

if you enable dumps in config.py there will be a dump of the template and the ccmap.
the default is C:\Users\Yourusername\LIBDIR
LIBDIR is also set in config.py, so the default electraone.

So create:

C:\Users\Yourusername\electraone\dumpdir\

ccmap and templates can be found there.

The ccmap is not needed to make your template in the e.one app.
You will notice in the app the templates have raw data notation.
But the lua functions and the remotescript will take care of it.
So you will see HZ, DB , switch names etc.

Only issue is you need to take care of the parameternumbers in the template and the ccmap match.
I have issues with this. Looks the app.electrone is changing them.
Especially when you copy and paste. I will try to report this more precisely later.

2 Likes

If you enable dumping (DUMP=True), the .ccmap and .epr (E1 preset) are created automatically and written to the ./dumps directory in the directory specified by LIBDIR. You should then be able to import the preset (.epr) in the web editor.

1 Like

Note: logging has been changed using new 3.1 features, no need to use MidiPipe any more for this either. New option E1_LOGGING_PORT can now be used to redirect E1 log output.

Moreover, I believe there was a bug in the code managing acts/nacks that may have been the cause of what went wrong on your side. This has now also been fixed. Please confirm that you can now again upload presets for your plugin device.

1 Like

Thanks for your quick responses :wink: @jhh ,@Flyweight .
I manage to get the dumps with .epr and .ccmap in folder.
I continue my laborious learning and I still have problems… I don’t know what I’m missing despite the efforts of writing on @jhh the md.readme.

Now I want to create a preset for the Operator device :

• I upload the .epr file from /dumps on the Electra editor
  • I put some order and some colors
  • I download the Operator.epr file
    -I place it with the .ccmap in: user C:\Users\MoW\Documents\Ableton\User Library\Remote
    Scripts\ElectraOne\preloaded
    -I launch Live 11 and I don’t see the modifications made on the editor, the Operator.epr/ccmap file is created again in the /dumps …grmf… :rage:

For the previous problem :
I don’t follow myself well, sorry: it’s when I use the “upload from electra” function (electra ap>controler>presetslot). Only on presets like Ultraanalogue or Eq 8. … it still doesn’t work for me. It was a workaround. Otherwise the Dl works fine.

Cheers.

Bob MoW

hey Bob,

i think this does not work.
there is a file called makedevices which is a pythonscript we should use.

but I actually added my template directly to devices.py
there is written clearly not to do this but I was just testing.

this doesn’t work either. I set it up in config.py, there is no “Ableton” folder in the “preferences” folder. I tried e1 with port 0 and 2 as well.
with the latest Script, the plugin device preset is created when I switch with the upper right button, but the scipt “works” strangely.
there is no Macro in an omnisphere, if I click on it, the e1 a device on button also loads very slowly compared to before (10 sec). The loading indicator “animation” flashes several times. if I click on an ssl4000E, it just “blinks” that it is loading, but even after 10 minutes of charging, nothing is shown on the display-. the e1 freezed
:frowning:

You are looking in the wrong Library folder :wink: You should be looking at the one in your own home folder.

i don’t find other “Library/Preferences”.

i foud it. no Ableton log

It is still not the right folder. It should be /Users/<your-user-name>/Library/<etc>

I don’t have a Mac but here you see howto get to the logfile of ableton.
The folder before crash

https://help.ableton.com/hc/article_attachments/4404975210002/Crash-Recovery-2.gif

To get to the electra one folder ( LIBDIR ) try a terminal

cd ~/LIBDIR

Replace LIBDIR with what is set in config.py

No Library / Ableton folder here

User library location can be set manually in Ableton Preferences.
Please check that.

1 Like

This is my User Library.

Sorry my mistake. Ableton User Lib is something else then the LIBDIR of the remotescript.

In the folder you are showing you should see the LIBDIR, default is ElectraOne

For the Ableton logs check here: https://help.ableton.com/hc/article_attachments/4404975210002/Crash-Recovery-2.gif

Or just search for Log.txt

no “Library”

Please search for “Log.txt” using the built in search.

Nothing

can you open a termin?

cd ~

ls -lah

1. if there

cd ElectraOne

this is to get into the ElectraOne dir where the dump folder is when enabled.

then

cd .. && cd ./Library/Preferences/Ableton/

??? sorry its difficult, no Mac here.

“Library” is not typically shown in the Finder sidebar. Click Home, and look for Library in there