Access Virus Rack

This is a template for the Access Virus Rack from 2001, a more affordable version of the Virus B from 1999.

VirusRack

https://app.electra.one/preset/SQ81vmzVXAFwgDn9RvMc

This is only set to transmit on MIDI channel 2.

Make sure you have a MIDI cable from the synth going back into the Electra One so you can ‘handshake’ and use the [PATCH REQUEST] button, which syncs up the settings of the 2 devices. Also, set MIDI Control LowPage to SysEx on the Virus.

This was quite a labour of love to get working, because the MIDI dump from the Virus is undocumented, so I had to comb through it byte by byte!

I’ve added graphics wherever I could to add more meaning to the settings, including images of the 64 waveforms adapted from a video by YouTuber SynthMorph.

The first page ‘CMD’ is a quick access page that has many of controls found on the desktop version of the Virus A. The other 6 pages have nearly all the other controllable parameters for Single Mode.

4 Likes

Awesome work! Am a Ti2 User, so no need for it, but love to see interfaces being born here!

Hi. You did LOVELY drawings of the OSC waves, and other details. A nice example of HOW to do the controls!

Just a little correction on your description: it does NOT require to use MIDI channel 2, what it requires is that the DEVICE ID is set to 2! (since all controls are done via Sysex, which is channel-less)

3 Likes

I’m able to use this quite successfully with my Virus B, just unable to complete any sort of handshake for parameter dump with the Electra. Anyone using this with an Access Virus B and have had any success with that aspect?

Besides, double check on this?

Yes, I’ve tried multiple variations to attempt to get this to work, seeing if anyone with an Access Virus B can also test. Though the initial directions are incorrect as @Kaltar pointed out, you need to set the Device ID to 2.

1 Like