Asr and ad envelopes

I am using the most recent firmware on an mk1 device. When I look over the documentation for the preset editor it shows icons for adr, adsr, addsr envelope types however in my preset editor I only see an adsr option. https://docs.electra.one/assets/img/editor.b320955d.png. What is the cleanest way to implement control over the number of stages. Also from the manual it states:
The detail window keeps the assignment of the original knob. It means you can use the same knob to change the value of the Control when it is displayed in the detail window.
When I open the detail window for an adsr envelope the original knob no longer controls any stages of the envelope. Is it possible to keep the original knobs control in effect while in detail view.

Hi @1overf , for your question

When I look over the documentation for the preset editor it shows icons for adr, adsr, addsr envelope types however in my preset editor I only see an adsr option

In the preset editor, if you click the ADSR icon, it folds out to the right and shows the ADR and ADDSR options as well. The same for other controls, there are variants.

What is the cleanest way to implement control over the number of stages.

As far as I know it is not possible to use the same knob to control the stages of an ADSR in the detail window, since you have 4 stages to control, so you need 4 knobs.

However, you do not need to enter the detail, and in that case you can keep using your original knob. Controlling the envelopes works like this (when not in detail window mode):

• touch the envelope-related knob and press the top-left Electra button: show the detail window (you already used that)
  • touch the envelope-related knob and press the middle-left Electra button: highlight the next section of the envelope
  • touch the envelope-related knob and press the bottom-left Electra button: highlight the previous section of the envelope
  • turn the knob: alter the highlighted section

This way, you can change the envelope with the same knob, without even needing to enter into the detail window.

Oops I didn’t think to click on the adsr. Thanks so much for your help this is terrific although it would be great to see AD added to the env types. Yesterday was my first time using the device and I don’t really know what I am doing but I actually made a preset for the oxi coral eurorack module and it was quite fun to use. It is just a start without any bells and whistles but I plan to learn lua and hopefully develop it further. https://app.electra.one/preset/bSnpQiivTH0JHT6I9u4Y

1 Like

Nice. Yeah the editor is pretty fun to fiddle with.

1 Like