Atari ST

A bit off-topic, but for my personal interest… Are there any Atari ST users around? I have been using the Hatari emulator occasionally, but the older I get, the more I’m looking at the real thing again.

3 Likes

Was my first ever “pc”. No longer own it though.

1 Like

Still have my mega ste 4 in the basement, haven’t turned it on for over 25 years. With 20MB hdd (:joy:), Cubase and notator dongle and screen

1 Like

Had one back in the days but no longer have one… I don’t think the emulators can provide proper MIDI connections on a Mac and I’m hesitant to add another computer to the mix here…

1 Like

I listed after one in the late 80s but couldn’t afford it. Had to keep going with my commodore64 and master tracks which only had 8 midi tracks.

1 Like

@martin do you want to have mine?

1 Like

hmm, that is tempting :slight_smile: I am currently in Maastricht I could possibly drop by in Cologne tonight or tomorrow. PM?

I still have mine :wink: it was my entry to computers with MIDI !!
Fun show it to young generations…

1 Like

I remember gazing at the atari 1040 ST back in the day, connected to the early MIDI synths in the local music shop.

It was miles ahead when it came to keeping sync. But never had one though. My use of computers with MIDI dates from… 2017. I was playing DAWless until that date.

2 Likes

I personally jumped from 8-bit Ataris to a PC with a TurtleBeach sound card in it. So, I kind of skipped that back then. These days I am occasionally running synth editors in the emulator. They are a really good input for making the presets. I kind of got the point that with all those vintage synths around, I would eventually get the ST.

3 Likes