Developer Sandbox fails to upload my preset

I wanted to upload a very simple preset using the development sandbox (Electra One App) to get started with my development adventures.

{
    "schemaVersion": 2,
    "id": "W5Hb2EuMVTWHBTGXaEKy",
    "name": "THE Preset",
    "description": null,
    "lua": "",
    "devices":
    [
        {
            "id": 1,
            "name": "Generic MIDI",
            "instrumentId": "generic-midi",
            "port": 1,
            "channel": 1
        }
    ],
    "tiles":
    [
        {
            "id": "f98677a5-4557-416b-b0b5-baff9080d3a9",
            "slotId": 6,
            "type": "vfader",
            "deviceId": 1,
            "name": "yeah",
            "categoryId": "faders",
            "values":
            [
                {
                    "message":
                    {
                        "type": "cc7",
                        "min": 0,
                        "max": 127,
                        "parameterNumber": 1
                    }
                }
            ],
            "visible": true
        }
    ],
    "pages":
    [
        {
            "id": 1,
            "name": "Page 1"
        }
    ],
    "categories":
    [],
    "firstPageId": 1
}

But my device complains: File transfer failed, please retry
The casual preset manager app is working with this preset so my guess is that the sandbox is just not compatible with the latest firmware. Or am I missing something?

I want to avoid re-uploading a preset to the app every time as I want to dive deep into the preset format and I’m expecting a lot of trial and error. What’s the latest state of the art for playing around?

My context:
Chromium based browser (Vivaldi 5.2.2623.48) on MacOS 12.13.1 ARM

Just a quick reply. I am travelling. Sandbox supports presets, lua scripts, configs. You are trying to upload a project file. That is something that web editor uses. I see the point, i will add projects there too.

Ok I see. I couldn’t find documentation on how the Electra One data structures are aligned and the terms seem to be a bit mixed up.

1 Like

Preset is described at Preset format description | Electra One Documentation. The project format has been made available to the users recently. It is a file that consists the complete data structure for the web editor (includes preset data as well as lua) . I still need to fix the wording on the web indeed. I am not sure, however, if I will document the project JSON. It is not really intended to be used by public. The download option is there to make it possible to export whole project to a local file.