No, something is seriously wrong. It keeps freezing when I try to load the preset I’m working on, and now the on-screen text is showing up as blocks. I’ve tried the various firmware update procedures. The device won’t go back to the boot screen anymore.
Are you using a bunch of LUA code? I’ve found that when i have some serious issues in the code, I’ve gotten into that state.
To get the text back, do this
You may have to go back to 3.1. Then back to 3.1.7 once it’s restored
Other things I’ve done - with the E1 connected to the computer, being up the web UI, go into controller, change some routing config then change it back so the Apply button lights up. Then press Apply to send a good config tob the E1
Thanks @OldManZero ! Looks like that worked (I didn’t have to roll the firmware back). Yes, I’ve been doing a lot of Lua experiments. Didn’t know it was that dangerous! I wasn’t even getting the boot up animation, but it seems to be back.
When the default preset is causing problems (eg. infinite loop in Lua or something like that), holding down the top-left button during the start-up will skip loading of the preset, ie. Electra will start with a blank preset. That gives you a chance to remove the preset or overwrite it. This works most of the time. Hardware reset / formatting the internal storage is needed when file system gets corrupted.