Electra One mkII

Impressive, @martin !

Almost there: presets loaded and workingā€¦ Unless something totally unexpected happens, shipping will start at the time of the Superbooth, ie. May 11th.

19 Likes

May 11th is approaching rapidly and Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one eagerly anticipating it - is May 11th the shipping date still? Will we get a tracking number?

2 Likes

Hi Jeroen,

yeah, it is a constant struggle of where to invest time :slight_smile:

A message will be send out this weekend to all who pre-ordered. In short:

1. The hardware is fully ready and assembled.
  2. I am finalizing work on the firmware. The firmware itself runs fine. I am currently busy with finalizing bootloader code. It means part of the application that allows users to update their controllers with new versions of the firmware.
  3. We will ask each buyer to confirm the shipping information. DHL express is used for shipping. It usually takes 2 days max in EU and up to 4 days elsewhere in the world.
  4. We will start shipping after we come back from the Superbooth tradeshow in Berlin (May 11th - 13th). It means May 15th onwards.
  5. We will ship in the order as the orders where placed.
  6. Anybody, who would be unhappy with the above, will be given an option to cancel the pre-order.

More formal version of this will be in your mailbox by the end of this week.

Cheers!

Martin

6 Likes

YES!!! Add a field to store a string (like json) and Iā€™ll be the happiest!

E1 mkII can run SQLite database. It still needs some doing but the Lua API will be provided.

6 Likes

No stress !!! :wink: I really prefer mine MKII made with Zen , peace even if it means sending it later ! i am so happy of your great project ! thanks for all that great work ! :star_struck: :tada: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

That is a solution! Thanks Martin. Just need you to start selling then!

I just read the preorder post. Iā€™ll place mine ASAP

Where? I thought it wasnā€™t possible to preorder right now. I have my money here, right next to my mouse. :wink: Please take it.

They are sold out, but waiting for the new batch.

1 Like

Just got the emailā€¦

From my point of view, this is all good news.
I firmly believe that most of us would prefer that you take your time to perfect the bootloader (and do whatever testing is required).

Better a few weeks wait, to ensure that future upgrades will install and work as intended.

Thanks for the update!

6 Likes

Yeah, I have to admit, Iā€™m not particularly thrilled about it. I had put together a checklist earlier, and I was hoping that all the items would pass the test. Unfortunately, a few of them didnā€™t quite meet my expectations yet. I might be able to improve it later with an extra firmware update, but thereā€™s a potential issue with the bootloader that could end up bricking the unit, meaning the user wouldnā€™t be able to use the controller anymore. Resolving such a situation would either be costly (shipping it back) or would require the user to have some technical knowledge. Iā€™m sure that with a few extra days, Iā€™ll be able to sort it out. Nonetheless, I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

7 Likes

Better be safe than sorry @martin .

Take all the time you need.

3 Likes

Given the current developerā€™s abilities to ā€œalmostā€ brick the current unit/OS, extra time to get that part super-stabilized is definitely a good thing.

The How-To bits and pieces on the forum about reloading the graphics, clearing out the presets, etc is great and gets you going again, but there is definitely time lost getting back to a working configuration again.

2 Likes

To make life and backups easier. The (still unfinished) mk2 bootloader makes E1 accessible as a USB Mass storage disk:

PS: @Kaltar that allows mounting of the sqlite database on the host computer to manage stored data.

9 Likes

It all seems fantastic. Really canā€™t wait to see it all finished and start building stuff on it

1 Like

CAUTION ! SUPID QUESTION JUST BEHIND !! : Excuse my humble stupid question but what is the sqlite database is for regarding the E1 ? i read that it could then be possible to store a string . But is there a use case for people like me who donā€™t make code ? What the purpose of storing a string ? ā€¦ Whatā€™s a string can do for me to make music ? i mean itā€™s not violin string ? :rofl: :see_no_evil: . And the USB storage ! So Goood !!! :wink: :star_struck: . Of course im joking (half cause i really donā€™t understand even if i understand what is an sqlite database) :tada: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :grin:

Super idea! Have fun in Superbooth!

1 Like

Hey @all was talking to the developers today on superbooth and totally hyped by the concept and the machine; they mentioned there is a possibility to preorder the mk2, but unfortunately canā€™t find the option anywhere; some hints ? best :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, I also had the pleasure to meet Martin at Superbooth and he said that he will announce here as soon as preorderimg is available. Should happen soon but the guy has been very busy today. Every time I passed by there were 1-2 people talking to him and trying the devices. :slight_smile:

2 Likes