Electra One mkII

First off, It was great to talk to you all of you today - @icaria36, @sandro, @markus.schloesser, @buyallthecontrollers, @joris.roling. Very inspiring. And yes, it was busy. The pre-orders are opened again, We will be able to ship the first 20 units within around 3 weeks from now, the rest will be shipped any time before August 11th.

@all, to all of you who posted questions recently - I will respond to it as soon as I am back from the Superbooth (May 15th and on…)

8 Likes

Totally sad now that I wasn’t able to come over and meet all of these great persons in person…

5 Likes

Me too. But seeing the success of superbooth, becoming more relevant than NAMM when it comes to synth news, I plan going back next year and meet other Electra enthousiasts.

4 Likes

Hi Martin,
did not expect pre-orders to be opened so soon again, so I am very happy I could order my mkII today. Shame I cannot make it to Berlin to have chat and see the machine in action. Anyway very excited to receive it.

4 Likes

yeah, it would be great to meet there. Renger sends greetings… small world :slight_smile:

Hi Martin,

Perorder’er from the first batch of mk2’s. Was hoping to see some videos from Superbooth of the electra one. Did anyone film it(sonicstate, gear news, etc)?

Also could you comment soon how the device was received @ super booth? I am excited for my device and was hoping for a little more information to sneak out as you work out the bugs in the firmware…

Thanks again for all your efforts!

1 Like

Hi, yeah, I would love if there were some videos shot at the Superbooth :slight_smile: For some reason, Electra and maybe the MIDI controllers (as devices that do not make sound) in general are not that attractive. I also suspect that it is caused by my bad presenting skills. Nick from the Sonicstate shot a video with me a two years ago but it was never released. Last year, @NewIgnis helped me with the show, and it was way more attractive. I missed him there :slight_smile:

There were three types of meetings happening:

1. Users coming to say thank you. It was intense this year and I feel really enerigized by that. They often described how E1 changed their workflow, or made them use gear that would not be used otherwise, or emptied their wallets (buying new gear to be used with E1).
  2. Visitors who did not know E1, where surprised with how capable the device is. Especially in the realm of processing sysex. These reactions came from wide range of users, from hobby/home producers up to corporate managers. The same story went on with the Ableton and Bitwig integrations. I really want to say thank you to @jhh and @moss. By presenting what they have done, I have realized how much effort they put in their extensions.
  3. And there were so many b2b discussions (distributors, cooperation, etc). I really need to process it. Almost all ideas were great, but only some of them can be done.

What will be happening in the near future:

1. Loopop making a review. He has been an E1 user for about two years now. I did not want to make a review when we did not have any units in stock. That has changed, we should be able to manufacture hardware without any problems this year and on. Loopop also shared/suggested several great ideas. We are definitely going to reflect some of them.
  2. SoundOnSound review
  3. German Synth Mag review

So, in general it was great. I lost my voice at some point - amount of talking, drinking, and not sleeping was too high. Unfortunately, there is not much evidence of that :slight_smile:

PS: and a big thank you goes to @akira who was there with me!

12 Likes

Hi, yeah, I would love if there were some videos shot at the Superbooth :slight_smile: For some reason, Electra and maybe the MIDI controllers (as devices that do not make sound) in general are not that attractive.

Makes me feel worse I can’t fly to berlin to be at this show… I am sure there are so many great products on display that don’t get the right attention, and in the sea of information can be lost to most end users…

I also suspect that it is caused by my bad presenting skills.

Lol I am sure you are fine… I rather you be Woz then Jobs if you know what I mean… Let the hardware speak for itself, and you know the hardware so I am sure you speak with passion and knowledge.

…The same story went on with the Ableton and Bitwig integrations. I really want to say thank you to @jhh and @moss. By presenting what they have done, I have realized how much effort they put in their extensions.

So happy this is getting the just desserts it deserves! One of the reasons I preordered honestly, and have been stalking the forums reading about the progress…

What will be happening in the near future:

1. Loopop making a review. He has been an E1 user for about two years now. I did not want to make a review when we did not have any units in stock. That has changed, we should be able to manufacture hardware without any problems this year and on. Loopop also shared/suggested several great ideas. We are definitely going to reflect some of them.
  2. SoundOnSound review
  3. German Synth Mag review

This is fantastic! Really happy to see/read reviews soon, not that it has anything to do with me getting enjoying mine, just hopefully for you Martin and the community as a whole!

3 Likes

I can’t comment about how it was received, but what I can say is that during the three days of event I passed many times by the booth (it was in a very good location outdoors and the weather was excellent) and there was always always someone trying the E1, and most of times someone speaking with Martin as well.

3 Likes

Thanks! Was assuming I wasn’t the only hyped out there for the new hardware… Just surprised at how little I heard about it/saw videos for it… but I guess there really is a lot of the show that isn’t covered really…

You made it to at least one frame in a sonic state video! lol

6 Likes

Next time you go, I’ll go again with you.

Let’s make some noise then (upfront, during and after the show) without losing the voice !!!

2 Likes

@moss mentionned Electra One in his Superbooth video.

5 Likes

I travelled a lot last week - hence the silence. Ok, an update on MKII:

1. The work on the bootloader is finished works fine.
  2. I am going to spend some extra time on testing / fine-tuning the firmware in coming few days. We will start shipping the controllers around the end of this week.

I am feeling happy and a little bit exhausted! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Time for a break then ! :slight_smile: :sunny: :sunglasses:

Great news, I will order one next week :wink:

1 Like

Looks great, love the vertical faders and round knobs … look sooooo much better … Will this be the new UI for Mk II ? If so, I am a very happy man :wink:

Great idea not depending on a internet connection, love that … :+1:

Will the Upgrade Kits also be available by that time :slight_smile: ?

1 Like

Looks great, love the vertical faders and round knobs … look sooooo much better … Will this be the new UI for Mk II ? If so, I am a very happy man :wink:

I think you are refering to the demo app (with vertical faders and round knobs), in the picture above. This existed for some time now (in the demo app).

The round buttons are used in the Envelope overlays of the actual Controller app.

1 Like