Firmware 1.3

Wooohoooooo, looking forward to trying it out.

Nice work guys

1 Like

@markus.schloesser pls try it now. it should be fixed.

nope, doesn’t work. I’m only connected via USB.
Website looks the same as yesterday, there’s still the channel thing even though I did a reload without cache

@martin @Tomas another great update! Didn’t know it could get any better. Loving the ADSR feature. Trying to decide if I want to save space and replace 4 buttons with one ADSR or keep it for the look as well.

Love the Clone for presets too.

I can’t get toggle to save the on/off value for CC7 when I input it in the editor and send to electra. The editor shows it empty even though it already had 127 and 0 in the boxes.

CC7 Lists: Rename Options doesn’t rename from the boxes. Switch to import/export and I can rename it.

Also, is it possible to add an ADS? (Ex. Moog Model D filter envelope, soft synths)

1 Like

I’m not getting any midi out from the status bar on either port of thr E1 although I see its working from the synth. I have my synth connected directly to the E1.

For Port 2 out I can hear it changing the parameters, but it’s not showing on the synth. It previously did.

Midi In is working just fine.

I went back to firmware 0.9.12 and everything works just fine for bi-directional control. I couldn’t test the Port 2 because I created on the latest firmware.

Hi Jarvis,

I am not sure I fully understand the connections, but my guess is that you relied on the MIDI thru function. It forwards all MIDI messages coming to MIDI IN to the MIDI OUT port. As of version 1.2 the MIDI Thru is a configuration option. It is off by default and it can be enabled by sending a config file to Electra. Please see the topic below to see how to configure it.

Please, let me know if enabling MIDI Thru resolved your issue. If not, I will look at it with you.

Cheers

@martin sorry I wasn’t clear with my explanation. I’m using MIDI IN and OUT from one synth to the E1. Do I still need to configure MIDI Thru?

@martin apologies for the extra ping, wasn’t sure if you had seen my post?

@jigdagod Thanks for reporting the issues. I just deployed a fix for them. Could you please verify that it works for you now?

Thanks

Thanks! I’ll give it a go when I get home.

@Tomas seems to be working just fine now. Thanks again!

-Fader detail window with min and max values doesn’t go to the right side to have max values. I can get it to go to 1, but I have max values up to 64+.
-NRPN Pad can’t save MSB first. It switches back to LSB first.
-NRPN ADSR aren’t scrolling through the numbers on the synth. They jump from 0 to 127. Not sure if it has anything to do with the byte order or if it’s something else because I have MSB on a fader and it works correctly. I’m editing my Propher REV 2 preset

@martin the configuration file didn’t resolve my issue. Still not getting any MIDI OUT showing.

@jigdagod MSB first issue in Editor should be fixed now. Thanks for reporting.

@Tomas Thanks! All is working well with ADSR

@markus.schloesser Martin is busy with assembling the new units. He will get back and reply tomorrow.

Markus, I am unable to replicate it. I added a new ADSR on to a page, enabled Attack MIDI learn, and sent a SysEx message to the appropriate Electra port. The SysEx Data field of the attack value got filled in correctly.

But when I read your message carefully I noticed you say you “twist the knob on Electra”. Do you twist knob of an existing fader that controls attack? Electra does not listen to its own messages. Can you elaborate a little bit more what you are trying to achieve. Thanks!

@martin yes, instead of having to create the sysex for the mks80 again by hand, I thought I just use the existing FROM the Electra. Shouldn’t be a problem? the website listens to midi coming IN from stuff, why not from the Elektra?
Also I am using (my) the existing mks80 template in the editor and added a new page and pulled the adsr env in.

@martin any news w re to my issue?

As that siuation is a bit rare - I suggest a workaround:

1. Make sure MIDI thru is disabled on the MIDI IO 1
  2. Connect MIDI IO 1 OUT to MIDI IO 1 IN with a cable
  3. Drag the sysex ADSR to the page (page 3 in the case of the MKS-80 preset)
  4. Actieve the Midi learn on the attack value
  5. Twist the existing Attack fader.

I tried it, seems to work fine. if you need help, let me know.

1 Like