Firmware 3.0.10

Firmware release 3.0.10 is available in https://app.electra.one/

The main purpose of this release is to provide fix for the issue introduced in 3.0.5 - the controller crash during the page switching. The problem affected part of E1 users. Unfortunately, I was not able to detect that during the testing prior to releasing 3.0.5. I am sorry for the frustration it possibly caused.

I strongly suggest to update your unit it you have 3.0.5 installed on it.

The new way of switching pages will return back at some point, but I want to pay extra attention to it. For now, the it stays the same as described in the 3.0 documentation. The menu (right-bottom) button must be held pressed to switch pages.

The 3.0.10 brings other features and fixes as well:

NEW FEATURES

• Allow configuration of port and channel that will be used to accept External MIDI Control commands. (@perial - pls get in touch with me, if this works for you)
  • Add possiblity to keep preset values when switching presets. (@phonaak)
  • Add an option to restore last saved preset values when turning the controller on.
  • ACK/NACK file transfers (presets/lua/etc) after the file content is validated.
  • Remove limit on number of External MIDI Control entries. (@HaPe)

BUG FIXES

• Revert recent changes of the page switching gesture. Quite some users had troubles with device freezes when they switched preset pages. More work on this will be done soon.
  • Handle MIDI message burst better. Needed for DAW integrations.
  • Fixed wrong forwarding of MIDI messages from USB Host to USB Device interface.

I still need to update documentation for the Controller configuration page. The priority of this release was to get a stable release out as soon as possible.

10 Likes

I can only see and download firmware 3.0 from 19 december 2022 on download page?

I have updated the downloads page. Thanks for reporting it!

Please note that firmware updates are now available directly in the https://app.electra.one/ application. You can either update the controller from there or download the firmware file:

3 Likes

Wow! Just managed to update from 3.0.5 to 3.0.10 and have to say that switching rows seems now go a lot faster and smoother via the left hand buttons… Felt way more sticky in the previous version. Thank you!

One thought though about the updating process: Not sure if possible, but last night I got stuck as I didn’t realize that I had to select the device to be able to update it in that box… Could it be preselected when only one device is connected?