The firmware 2.1.0 is available for the download.
This version is based on number of beta releases and it brings further major improvements of Electra One controller. Even though it is fully backward compatible regarding the presets, there are quite some changes in the communcation with the ElectraOne Console app and the USB connection setup.
The format of the firmware update file has changed as well. In order to update to the new firmware, the new Electra One Console app needs to be installed first. You can get it at Management applications | Electra One Documentation
Once you have the new console app installed and running, download the new firmware file from Electra One firmware | Electra One Documentation and unzip it.
For the first update from version < 2.0.0, you will need to click the recessed Update button on the back panel of the controller (it is located next to the MIDI IO DIN connectors). The Electra One Console will indicate that the controller has been switched to the Update mode. Once you are in the update mode, click the “Update…” button in the application and select the downloaded .img file. Subsequent updates will not require pushing of the button. It is needed only once for the first update to version 2.1.0.
- Reworked rendering, updates of controls should be smoother and faster
- Improved MIDI messaging in both direction. Electra handles heavy traffic better now.
- Outgoing MIDI messaging can be now rate limited. ie. it is possible to adjust speed of MIDI messaging for slower devices (eg. Yamaha TX81z is a good example of such device)
- Program messages can be used with lists and faders. It used to be limited to pads only.
- Response of switching the active control sets with the LCD touch improved.
- Response of switching the active control sets with the hardware buttons (left side buttons) improved.
- The active controls set can be now indicated with more ways (dim, bars, background, and off)
- Electra uses new USB vendor/product identifiers. Your operating system might see it as completely new devices after the update.
- Compatibility with iConnectivity routers resolved.
- Incoming SysEx messages can be virtually unlimited. There used to be limit of 512 bytes.
- Number of shapshots extended to 432 per preset. The essential snapshot management added, it is available in the new ElectraOne Console app. Please note, there is still a lot to do.
- Issues with handling unsigned negative values resolved.
- Brightness control added for HW revisions 2.2 and higher. 2.1 will be added soon. This also helps to reduce the issue of high frequency noise that some of the Electras may produce.
- Lua scripting added. I will make a post in another thread as it is a topic of its own. The Lua integration turns Electra into a powerful MIDI processing device. And provides elegant solutions for many of feature requests on our development list.
The firmware has been tested by us and also many users helped with it. I would like to say big thank you to everybody involved. There still might be issues though. I have learnt over the time that user setups can be so different that it is close to impossible to test and discover all issues. I will be fully available to help with updates and resolving issues in coming two days. If you need me, just reach me on the website chat or on the forum.
Also, I will be making updates to the documentation - quite some stuff changed.
We also released an updated version of the Web editor
It brings much faster loading of Preset lists, adds possibility to assign tags to the presets and use them for filtering, edit Lua scripts, assign Lua callbacks, and lots of minor improvements / fixes.
We decided to start the work on preset filtering with the tags as it provides a very free form of annotating presets. We will observe how you (users) use the tags and will be turning some of them in to categories, etc. We did not want to invent that by ourselves. We will follow your ideas.