Inverted Values?

I’m still working on the Mirage SoundProcess project and I’m encountering something weird when tackling the Patch Transpose parameter / control. The raw values are 0 to 60. The control goes from +12 to -48 half tones. I got that working but I cannot seem to switch directions… I would like to go from the lowest possible value (-48 to 0 to +12) to the highest… Left to right. Just switching the Min / Max values from now 0 and 60 to 60 and 0 doesn’t work for some reason.

Any ideas?

That doesn’t work as you found out. That may change in the future, but for now set the range 0 to 120 and do the math in a formatter function to display the correct value. MIDI is always 0->some positive value, so the synth should handle it

Thank you @oldgearguy ! Could you elaborate on the 0 to 120 range approach? Not getting that part.

I’ll see if I can get an example when I get back to the computer

1 Like

I looked at the docs for Soundprocess. They only use 0 to 60.

Here is some Lua code that you can plug in as a formatter function. I don’t have my Electras available, so this is a rough approach.

function fmtTranspose(valueObject, value)
    value = 12 - value
    return(string.format("%+d cents", value))

end

I would put it here: (note the changes to min and max)

You can get fancier (and folks can suggest ways) to get it to display octaves and cents instead of just cents.

1 Like

@oldgearguy Nice!!! That really helped!!! Thank you so much! :star_struck: