Lexicon LXP 5 and 15 Presets?

Heading to the studio in an hour and a half to try it! Will report back. thanks!

Someone mentioned that the earlier version additions for patch save seemed to have broken patch load.
This version (1.8) might be better, but I need people with actual LXP-5’s to test and give feedback since I do not have the unit here and it has been working fine with my data files.

I will let you know in a few here. Day job has been all consuming. Sorry for being slow. I am actually spending the night at my studio to play catch up tonight.

Turned out to be a MIDI channel/Electra port mismatch.

Remember to go into the Global/Config page and set the channel and port if you’re not using channel 1, port 1.

Hi,

I plugged it into the electra and set global/config as you suggested. I got the devices and communicating. So far, so good! Let me spend a few more hours with it before giving any reports, but so far this blows the lexicon MRC out of the water. Question, how do I request a patch dump from the MRC? That was the one thing I couldn’t figure out in my 1 hr of messing with it, but it is VERY fucking cool. thank you so much for this!!!

The Electra One has 6 soft buttons (3 on each side of the screen).
Once you pick a patch number with the control (or Press Sync and select a patch on the PCM 80 editor) press the upper right button on the Electra One.

Please take 10 minutes and look over the docs.electra.one pages to get a general sense of how the Electra One (and the presets) work.
It’ll save you time, headaches, and questions.

I was planning on doing that first thing tomorrow am, but been so so slammed between work and other hectic life circumstances. Was happy to carve out some time to try your LXP 5 editor today. I will mess with it more tomorrow and begin trying the PCM 80 one tomorrow. The most annoying thing is figuring out where I am going to patch this into my Motu midi patch bay. Will have to spend some time rearranging things, so for now, I am just plugging straight into whatever device I am exploring on. Thanks for all your communication. I had SO much fun messing with the LXP 5 and your editor.

Best,
Andrew

1 Like

I put up a small tweak (1.9). Apparently the delay times might use a different control ID when editing (versus in the patch dump).

1 Like

Since I’d like more willing testers, I created a separate LXP-5 entry so maybe more folks see it.

1 Like

Hi all,

Good to see you in another thread!

I have an LXP15 here that doesn’t get much use, but would if I could E1 it, so I’ll throw in for helping testing with that.

In the past, I’ve tried to develop editors for gear I did no own.
Recently, that’s been the Princeton/Eventide Reverb 2016 and the Lexicon LXP-5.

It’s ok to get the basics implemented if the MIDI spec is decent. However, debugging the last 5% and getting the editor robust has been an extreme challenge and a lot of extra time is spent going back and forth with the handful of willing testers. Given how little free time I have, spending time creating test cases, sending new versions out, looking at the results, and making subsequent tweaks has been grossly inefficient and has taken time away from the other editors I have been working on…

Against my better judgement, I recently broke down and bought an LXP-5 just to finish up the last few issues that seem to be floating around. When I’m done, I’ll be selling it but since I paid more than the average to get one in decent condition w. power supply, I’ll likely lose money on that. I am unwilling to buy a reverb 2016 to finish that editor.

This is a long-winded way of saying I won’t be touching an editor for the LXP-1 or LXP-15 (II). A quick glance at the MIDI spec for the -15 shows it’s fairly close to the -5 but with slightly more/different algorithms and some other tweaks. I could give another developer pointers, but I’m not going to touch it. Same when people ask about the Lexicon 300 or 480L. Even though I still do have a 480L, the LARC remote is sufficient for my needs.

2 Likes

That’s fair, these patches are all pretty daunting and time consuming.

Likely I’ll pick up your LXP5 patch as a starter when I come to the LXP15 eventually then, and may ask questions if you’re game?

The downer with LXP5’s is they have a habit of just breaking. I have a friend who loves them, so when you’re selling, if you message me he may want to buy it from you. Sadly the encoders tend to go wrong among other things so he makes sure to keep a few.

Hi,

I would definitely be open to purchasing the LXP 5 when you are done. As we’ve discussed, I make tons of use of them but as hardingmal mentioned, they are notorious for degrading over time. They sound absolutely magical though.

I have an LXP 15 with a janky main encoder I would love an E1 preset for, so if hardingmal does work on one, it would be deeply appreciated.

1 Like

absolutely. That’s always the hope is that folks will leverage work that’s been done.

I’m doing the same thing with the microwave XT patch. @fragletrollet did a ton of work taking my simple Mod Matrix start and implementing a bunch of controls.
Now I’m going back and re-using all his hard work and adding more capabilities.

3 Likes

There really is no pitchshifter on earth that compares to the LXP 5. The aliasing is just so magically touched and unique. The boss RPS-10 half rack unit sounds very cool too, but I run almost EVERYTHING through an LXP-5.

However, the reverbs on the LXP 5 sound horrible to my ears. I never use them lol. The LXP 15 sounds great all around, pitchshifting and the reverbs, but I still think the pitchshifting on the 5 is just a touch more special.

1 Like

What do you envision your time frame being like on getting the LXP 15 done? I have two Lexicon MRC’s sitting around I’d love to be able to sell now that Tom’s LXP 5 preset works flawlessly. I’m doing things with the machine with speed/ease that I never imagined possible thanks to his work.

If I could get a fully functional preset for the 15, I’d be incredibly stoked, but editing the 15 with the MRC is still better than editing the from the front panel, esp with my incredibly fucked up encoder lol.

2 Likes

Sadly I can’t really give a timeline, as I have to do these things in down time, it’ll be after the TG33 for sure

1 Like

totally understood. Very much looking forward to both! 2 of my favorite pieces of gear :slight_smile:

1 Like