New user just getting going.. 2 basic questions

Hi @lobit,

I will answer your questions here, but I will also bring here a bit of what we discussed on PM earlier.

From what i understood you would like to have a computer-free setup like this:

Where the sequencer can reach synths 1, 2, 3 on their channels and any activity on Electra is merged to the stream of MIDI data. Is that correct?

If it is the case, then you are right and you need to enable MIDI Thru on the Port 1. We are working on adding a configuration manager to the app.electra.one. It will be available soon. For now, it can be done by uploading the configuration file manually. The instructions can be found here:

If you need assistance, drop a message here or on the website chat. Before you adjust your config, make sure you update your firmware to latest version 1.3.1. It has a few improvements regarding the MIDI Thru functionality.

The midi activity is indicated only on the incoming side now. I personally found it a little bit annoying when outgoing messages flashed the indicators because it was lit almost always with any incoming message due to internal forwarding and the thru option. However, as you talk about it, I agree it is confusing. I will most likely enable it again.

I see one more challange with your setup. I think the most practical solution for you is to have all three synths included in one preset. That way all of them could be controlled in the same time. As you want to use already existing presets there is not an easy way for you to “merge” them to one preset. I will discuss it with @Tomas and will try to help you with that.