Patch request button tutorial?

I wonder where I can find a tutorial about the Patch request button? It’s a lovely feature. I want to learn how to do it.

This tread might be helpful :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks so much. I’ll check out the link :slight_smile:

1 Like

I still need to add the last part, but the first parts should be okay

2 Likes

I have now done the Sound Dump Request for Waldorf Streichfett. It works perfect when I press the patch request button (upper right) on Electra, cool :slight_smile: What should I type in the Sound Dump Response list? I typed the first 5 bytes but then comes the data. The dump response is 32 bytes.

The bytes of the response should be 3E, 19, 0, 10, 7F.

1 Like

Yes you are absolutely right. The response is changed. Thanks :grinning:

I have now started to map the values. Can someone please tell me if the following start is ok before I map everything?

That looks okay ! Keep doing like that and then test. Testing is easy enough. You select a patch , then you must see the parameters changes on the E1. And when you turn one of the knobs the changes to the sound should be as expected.

1 Like

Thanks NewIgnis for your help. I think it’s smart and simple. Congratulations to Martin for the intelligent solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a question regarding Waldorf Streichfett. If you look at the picture below, I have 4 controllers for FX Type, Animate Depth, Phaser Depth, Reverb Depth. FX Type has CC 91, value 0, 1, 2. Depth has CC 92, 93, 94 depending on how FX Type is set. My thought is that FX Type is completely redundant in Electra. There is no value in the sysex dump for FX Type. Am I thinking right?

I think you are correct.
Simply send the depth amounts for each 92-94 and you should be fine

1 Like

I think the same.
The streichfett probably changes the cc of the depth control via the type selector. A way to save 2 potmeters,

1 Like