Patch request from vst

Okay cool, will be very excited to see that. What does remotify lack that we would need for just simple parameters? The two way communication capability to update Electra parameters ?

Also how do you like your c4, should I get one on eBay to control plug ins while we work on Electra ? Do you have pro or regular, I couldn’t figure out the difference.

I like it a lot, but also has a couple of downsides, but to not get further into OT, please contact me via PM

hey markus! Check out remotify.io if you get a chance- i just downloaded the controller editor and was able to map a VST to one of the parameters in host automation and have it controlled by Electra with bi-directional through the custom midi remote script it generated - i still have to figure out how to configure it but it looks like it can write a pretty sophisticated script and maybe it can get the job done- not sure but it looks that way. would love your views. best. nick

Hey guys. Just confirming remotify.io works extremely well. It may be an end-stage solution for a lot of problems. I was able to quickly create a midi remote script for electra one that allows me to change parameters on a selected track and receive bi directional updates in real time. Next I’m going to try to use midi channels to change multiple tracks without having to do anything in ableton and I think it’s going to work as well. So this could be an extremely good companion software piece to Electra for ableton users. The developer’s story is inspiring, he started out with a midi fighter twister frustrated he couldn’t make it work with Ableton and wrote an easy to use front end that automatically generates the python scripts and does everything for you. It’s pretty sophisticated. Hope you guys enjoy!

1 Like

I know I am still not doing a good job in this area. I tried to get into that but always failed on something or had to do something else due to the time constraints. @Njarecki if you were willing to share info about the preset and setting this up, it would be useful to many people around here!

Hey Martin! Absolutely. I’m really excited about it! And of course your beautiful controller which is a fine piece of machinery. Let me get it all working just right tomorrow and I’ll try to write up a little play by play for the forum. In the meantime, remotify is having a black Friday sale the next 40 hours so it’s priced nearly half off, I think it’s 55 dollars down from 90 if anyone wants to snag it now. I definitely think it’s valuable.

Great! Just one small remark. I am Martin and Markus is another guy here on the forum. He is usually so active and helpful that he seems to be part of our team! :slight_smile: So, thanks @markus.schloesser for all the input here!

2 Likes

Sorry it was a typo. I know who you are, the creator… :wink: and now I know Markus too !

2 Likes

Hi Njarecki,
Did you ever get a chance to write that play by play?
Have the scripts you generated been able to do what you wanted?
I’m new to the Electra 1, and not near understanding all the remote script talk, but I know enough to realize I’ll need to get there if I want to take full advantage of the unit.
All I’ve been doing so far is map my Arturia’s vsts using its midi learn. Time consuming but it works! I’m just hoping to be able to do what you described in this thread.