Preset library and VST MIDI tables

Hallo, I’m a brand new Electra One MK2 owner and I have a question concerning the preset library.
I have downloaded severeal presets for my vst plugins (on my Mac Pro in Ableton Live and Logic Pro 11).
Now my problem is that none of the plugins so far corresponds correctly to the MIDI messages that the presets send from the Electra to the plugins.
For example, currently I’m trying the Synapse Audio Dune 3 preset from Jarvis Sheppard. In order to achieve the correct results, I thought it is sufficient to reset the MIDI table in Dune 3, but it isn’t. The MIDI messages do completely other things in Dune 3 or nothing at all.
So my question would be: Do I need a special MIDI definition file for Dune 3 and how to get it or what else do I need to do?
And this is not only valid for Dune 3 but all other presets I have tested.
Thank you in advance for shedding some light on this.

Cheers!

A small example to see if I’m doing everything correctly:
When I turn the “SEMI” knob on the Electra One for the semitones of OSC 1 in DUNE 3, Electra One sends out a CC message on MIDI channel 1 with CC #4 and several values.
If I now have a look at DUNE 3 with the right mouse button clicking on OSC 1’s semitone knob, I can see that it is set to CC #77.
And even having a look into the manual of Dune 3 tells me that this is the correct and default CC# value for the semitones of OSC1.
So I assume that Jarvis has made a custom MIDI mapping for his Dune 3.
Now my question would be where to get this custom MIDI mapping?
Is it available somewhere in the preset library?
Or is there any description?
I mean, sure, I could explore all MIDI data coming from Jarvis’ Electra One’s Dune 3 preset and set my Dune 3’s MIDI mapping accordingly, but wouldn’t that be a bit tedious?
What do you guys do?

Some preset designers opened threads here for each preset and attached the midi definition files to it.
I don’t know if the presets pages can now also hold midi config additionally to the presets themselves

1 Like

Okay, thank you, @markus.schloesser
I will search in the forum for the presets and the authors then.
Maybe I’ll find something concerning the MIDI tables…

1 Like