Some trouble with the list widget [SOLVED]

Hey,

I’m trying to make a preset for the Elektron Analog 4 mk1. Who needs the mk2 bigger screen when you can use an electra ? :slight_smile:

I’m not able to make the list of destinations for the LFOs. Actually I can create the list but:

1. When I create the control with the Electra app, I can’t list all the 62 destinations. I tried to modify the JSON file manually and specified different value for the overlay element and, if some results are better than others, none are working as expected.

2. The order is not the same in Electra and A4.

I’m pretty sure, it’s not an Electra bug. I had a look at the midi output of the A4 and the NRPN values seems a bit weird. When you scroll the list from the first element to the last, the values of the NRPN message are not ordered. I attach the Electra console log to this message. I attach also the preset file. It’s a work in progress, I just finished the Oscillators page. The list “Destination A” is on the second page.

Any help/advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

lfo1desta.pdf (47.0 KB)
Elektron Analog Four.epr (25.9 KB)

I made some experiments:

1. Use a NRPN toggle pad and specify 2 values:
    • Value 1 (ON): 2304
    • Value 2 (OFF): 12288

I works ! But obviously I will not make 62 pads…

1. Modify the values of the NRPN list in the following way:
  • Original:
    “items”:[
    {
    “value”:0,
    “label”:“12288”
    },
    {
    “value”:1,
    “label”:“2304”
    },

]

• New:
    “items”:[
    {
    “value”:12288,
    “label”:“12288”
    },
    {
    “value”:2304,
    “label”:“2304”
    },

]

I doesn’t work ! And nothing appears in the Electra Console.

I’m not really confident in my midi skills (actually I don’t have any). So if someone could help, it would be great.

Cheers,

Pat

Ok… I’m a total noob !

I figure out where was the bug. It was between the screen and the chair. As usual…

Actually, the lists of the destinations for the LFOs on the A4 are a subset of some kind of non-documented “meta” list which contains all the parameters. So, you have to select only the (indices of the) parameters you need for the Electra control. It was not totally obvious…

See ya,

Pat

Hi @pat, I have been busy with assembling Electras since yesterday. I wanted to look at your issue now and I can see there’s nothing left for me :slight_smile:

1 Like