Tc 2290 preset creation process

I had a bit of time and added parameter update for feedback and delay time.
Apologies that the code is rough and uncommented and you’ll need the tc 2290 manuals to figure out some of the mappings I did.

BUT - what’s here is now the core for a full preset. The feedback time is updated via a knob only. The delay time can be updated 3 different ways – knob for slow increment/decrement, momentary keypads that scroll fast up and down, and a calculator style keypad that you can type in direct values.

You can play with these methods even if you don’t have a 2290 hooked up.

Next update will be more along the lines of a full panel of parameters and code will get some cleanup and commenting. I also want to play around with scroll acceleration for the pads.

tc_2290_5.zip (3.4 KB)

Christmas, then next week I can get back into this. Nice to hear what youve been doing on this.

The short: it was influenza not covid. Finally back in decent shape, and will get around to testing the v3.5 version and its lua later today. [or soon…]

Re the battery - I got a message from a friend who is an afficionado. He holds that changing the battery on the TC2290 is anything but trivial, and recommends backing up everything before even starting. I have a little gadget I made containing a lithium battery and two pincer-probes. When I change the battery on a synth (Neuron) that loses its mind if that battery runs out (entailing sort-of-demanding re-programming), and that battery cannot just be removed while the synth is on, I connect those pincer-probes parallel to the battery, change the dead/old one, done. No re-programming needed. Probably works the same on the more difficult ones like soldered-in batteries such as on the TC2290.

good tips.
Typically, if I have a machine open for repairs I check the battery and replace it as well. I accept that I have to reload/reconfigure after doing that since often the machine is apart for a couple days so I can replace caps, maybe front panel tact switches, etc (plus sometimes waiting for parts and free time to do the work!).

BTW - I did a few updates to the 2290 preset and once I get a moment to include reading the current values and then updating I’ll post that. It will show using momentary pads to scroll delay time up and down quickly, a keypad to type the number in directly, as well as a fine +1/-1 control. It should be a decent basis for fully completing the editor.

Sounds great, might finally have some time this week…

A month has passed, several demanding family matters are solved. Have gotten 3 mioXL’s (connected up in a configuration simply for performance/recording) to cooperate even using very simple RTP-connectivity.

Will soon be able to get back to working with the second Electra and preliminarily will use it with various MacBookPro’s rather than the main Mac - so no mioXL needed which may prevent mind-clutter. And easier to stay focussed on the limited-quality feedback that I could provide while dealing with unfinished Presets - one at a time. Beta-work in some sense…

I’ve ordered this week a MioXM to extend DIN MIDI ports to the first MioXM and/or get a corner with a smaller independent set-up. Need to fgure out how to interconnect them the best, but with current chip shortage I still have several months of time to think about it.

Spent a while reading posts on the Tauntek site - guy’s a magician with old tech, from repair to development. This was w reference to the Tauntek/chip…

1 Like