VST presets in Ableton Live

Has anyone tried to create a mapping for a VST loaded in Ableton Live? I wonder how people use predefined mapping from E1 to control VSTs loaded in Ableton. In Ableton Live, you need to ‘expose’ the VST parameters to ableton live and then MIDI-map those parameters. But once you load that VST new (or copy the VST to anther track), you need to repeat the MIDI-mapping. Maybe there is a easier way to re-use the mapping?

I want to get an E1 for controlling plugings (like Aalto). Any advice would be very appreciated!

I have not an Easier way to do that , but to get rid off the problem of midi mapping each live set for a same vst plugin :
yes, with ClyphX.
With biding scripts, and Controls scripts.

1 Like

Just map, then right click the header of the device and choose “save as default”. From then on it will load with exposed mapped params

1 Like

@markus.schloesser thanks for the tip! I assume you use this with this remote script so you don’t need to midi map? GitHub - xot/ElectraOne: Ableton Live MIDI Remote Script for the Electra One

1 Like

Not with that remote script, but yes with another one (for another controller).
The only thing to remember is that previously saved projects won’t have the (new) mappings saved

1 Like

Is this really working? When I “save as default configuration” in Live 11 the parameters stay exposed, but the MIDI mappings are lost whenever I load a new instance of the device. Or did I misunderstand you?

“save as default” only saves the exposed parts, which is the only thing you need when working with a remote script (and not manual mapping).
If you also want manual mapping, you need to create it and save it as part of a template Project and then always start from there iirc (!).
That’s why I love remote scripts, less hassle

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying!