An update

Hi everybody,

there have been a few updates like this one in the past. Covid, shortage of the components, it all put obstacles to our plans and we were trying to find ways to overcome that. I have been completely silent since the beginning of February. Unfortunately, an unexpected and serious health issue affected my family and I had to quit all work activities.

I am now trying to slowly get back to working on the Electra project again. I would like to assure all Electra owners that the project will continue and it is important for me to keep it going. I just need to find ways of combining that with the new situation I am in now.

I apologize for possibly a strange and maybe too personal message, but I felt an update and message from my side is needed.

Best,

Martin

22 Likes

Martin, we are praying for you and your family.

Take comfort that there are people around the that are awake and ready to jump in and help out fellow Electra One users as best we can.

3 Likes

Hi Martin, thanks for the update which goes to show the quality of your commitment to your customers. The Electra One is a unique project and I’m glad you are determined to keep it going in spite of the huge worldwide crisis hurting all, and in particular the smaller ones, individual people and small companies like yours…
Crossing fingers that you can get back to full time development ASAP ! and wishing you the best for you and your family…

2 Likes

Thank you for the update. I’m so sorry that this health crisis has struck your family. We all know that you’re doing your best. Best wishes.

2 Likes

Take care and best wishes for your family :heart:

2 Likes

Hi Martin. Thanks very much for the update and please put family first. Looking forward to further updates and excuses to buy more E1s when the time is right!

2 Likes

Martin - thanks for update. Look after yourself and family. All the best.

2 Likes

Well wishes to you and your family Martin.

2 Likes

Thanks to everybody for coming with kind words and for the patience. Things have changed for me but I was able to find a way to adjust to the new situation and found time to work on Electra again. I am spending most of the time on preparing a major firmware update. It should make your Electras faster, more stable, and address many requests and issues discussed on the forum.

5 Likes

As some of you noticed, there has been a gap in my activity on the forum and the Electra project in general. Unfortunately, my wife’s situation got worse recently and I had no resources to work on the project. We are in the process of relocating to the Netherlands to make sure that she gets recommended treatment.

I will pick the work on 3.0 firmware up as soon as the situation permits that. I am making sure that the web service is fully operational and available, and I will provide support to existing users. (there were a few inquiries - I am going to respond / resolve them next week). I have to, however, stop work on new batches of the controllers. This is mostly due to the fact that our workshop is located in Czech Republic and I will not be preset there for a few months. I am hoping restart manufacturing when the situation allows that.

22 Likes

Health has definitely No. 1 priority.

All the best!

3 Likes

I bought a used Electra One from Australia 2 weeks ago.there’s for 550 Euro + 70 Euro shipping cost + 150 customs cost and it also needs to be repaired (Pius cost)
it wasn’t cheap, but after reading the news, I’m still very happy that I bought it, because it’s a brilliant device. all the best to you!

1 Like

Hope it all works out for your family!

1 Like

Take all the time you need. Nothing is as/more important as being there for/with people we love and cherish . All good waves to your wife and you .

1 Like

Good luck Martin. Our best wishes.

1 Like

Best of luck from me as well!!!

1 Like

All the best and good luck!

1 Like

@martin my thoughts are with you both. I’m hoping the new treatments are successful.

1 Like

All the best to you and family

1 Like

best of wishes to you and your family, and I hope all goes well with the treatment in the Netherlands.
remember, to take care of yourself too.

1 Like