Change MIDI channel dependant on Note Value?

Hi, I have a Nord Drum 3P that sends all data on Global Channel 16 and then distinguishes between drum pads 1-6 by the root note: pad #1 is note #60, pad #2 note #62 and so on. Now my sequencer, a Polyend Seq writes all of that to one channel so I can’t record and then address the pads later independently.

Can the Electra One work as a “translator” based on MIDI events?

• Change channel 16 Note On note value #60 → channel 10 Note On note value #60
  • Change channel 16 Note On note value #62 → channel 11 Note On note value #62
  • Change channel 16 Note On note value #64 → channel 12 Note On note value #64
  • Change channel 16 Note On note value #65 → channel 13 Note On note value #65
  • Change channel 16 Note On note value #67 → channel 14 Note On note value #67
  • Change channel 16 Note On note value #69 → channel 15 Note On note value #69

And accordingly for Note Off (which is also sent by the Nord Drum, I checked with a MIDI monitoring app).

I don’t think it can currently. I would use a Blokas Midihub for that job.

The Electra does no translation yet. But you could use the beta firmware and write it yourself tho or wait a little until it’s official.

Or buy one of those intelligent midi hubs. I would say, that you could archive that with the “simple” retrokits cable.

1 Like