Crumar Bit 99 synth

A preset for underrated Italian synth Crumar Bit99. As the synthesizer does not support SysEx messages for changing individual parameters. Electra uses the patch message format to transfer whole patch information whenever any of Electra’s controls changes any parameter value.

crumar-bit99.epr (35.7 KB)

1 Like

Ok. My Bit01 (rack version of the Crumar Bit99) has finally arrived. Could you tell me a bit more about this preset? I guess it would need the memory protect in the synth to be turned off… Anything else?
And is Electra sending only the current patch to the synth?

I’m in the process of installing the Tauntek upgrade to it, then it will be able to read sysex… Will study this preset and take it from there then!

Thank you.

D.

1 Like

Hi, I need to check. I do remember there was something tricky about Bit99. I have the synth in my remote studio. I will check as soon as I am there.

1 Like

Thank you, @martin ! I appreciate it!

D.

1 Like

I checked the Tauntek upgrade and ordered that immediately :slight_smile: It does not make much sense to use my preset with after the synth is upgraded. The original Bit99/One supports transfers of complete patches only. It means it can be used to program the sound but it is far from a real time control.

1 Like

Ah, ok! Thank you for explaining!

And I’m glad that my mentioning of the Tauntek upgrade made a difference for you! :slight_smile:

Am in the process of building a Bit01 CC preset (based on this preset) that should work for the Bit99 as well. Should be able to test this more on the weekend when I hopefully will get the Tauntek upgrade done.

D.

Ok. Installed the Tauntek upgrade and was confused for a moment as I looked in the wrong row of the Tauntek documentation for the CC numbers! Apologies! All is working well. Will test my preset over the weekend and most likely post it after.

1 Like

Great to hear. Mine should arrive early next week. I will let you know when it arrives and will give a try to your preset. Thanks!

1 Like

Ok. I published my version… I think it should work for the Bit99 as well as I think the MIDI functionality should be the same…
There are two parameters I’m not sure are working as I don’t think I fully understand how they are supposed to work: Mod Wheel Amount (Page 1) and LFO Wheel Amount (Page 2).

Let me know what you think @martin .

1 Like

btw. upgrade installed but absolutely no time to give it a try. Just switched the machine on to see if it works. Hopefully will test it some time this weekend…

1 Like

@martin I know you are super busy with the new 3.0 firmware, but did you get to play for a little too?

I did not :slight_smile: I will take some time off and will do stuff with gear when 3.0 is out for the ordinary users. Testing the Bit99 will be amongst the first things to do. I am curious…

1 Like