Differences in MKI vs MK2 for Custom Programmed Preset

Someone asked on the Haken Continuum Facebook forum if the Lua based design I’m creating for general EaganMatrix control using MKII will work with the first generation box. I have no idea. In terms of processing complex Midi streams (almost all CCs, PolyAT and Program Change messages also using a bunch of Control and Value assignments) is MKI compatible with MKII? What are differences that might make them incompatible? THANKS!

Main issues for people creating presets with lots of LUA and lots of controls is the memory.
You can always post the work in progress and ask anyone with a Mk I to download it and see if it will load and do some basic stuff (even without the attached device). At a minimum, they can let you know how many ‘memory bars’ in the bottom left of the Mk I display are being used.

Thanks!! I have someone who can test with Continuum device that the program needs. Eventually I’ll be posting the finished thing here for any to get it.

Hey Richard! That was me who asked in the FB group. As I have a Mk I and an Osmose, let me know if I can be of help.

I just gained access to an excellent course on LUA programming (focused on creating scripts for Falcon), so I’m hoping that by the end I might be able to tackle an Electra project or two.

Cheers and good luck!

Hey! What do you have - Continuum or Osmose? The key to programming the Electra One is not so much Lua (Lua is like a million other languages) but the Electra One specific Lua Controller and Midi callbacks that let you do a lot of Midi operations. Most of the EaganMatrix interface is non-standard Midi messages (using PolyAt messages to send data as 2-byte sequences) but the Electra One Lua Midi interface is quite powerful and easy to use. I plan on posting versions of the EaganMatrix controller tool on the Electra One site when I think its ready to start testing.

Great!

I have an Electra Mk I and an Osmose.

So this is an Eagan Matrix controller you are working on? Fantastic! And quite ambitious too.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Yes. But we need to test it to see if MKI will have memory or resource issues. It will be available for Continuum testing before Osmose.

1 Like