As promised, the Electra One firmware source code has been made available:
It comes with a few demo/tutorial applications. Please note, we are still in an early days of this. I might be still changing the API. If you wanted to make any serious work, please be in touch with me.
The source code covers Electra’s base firmware. ie. the Midi controller app that you have been using so far runs on top of that. I will provide the sources of that application a little bit later. I want to make sure that it runs smoothly on the latest base firmware.
A few remarks:
- Anybody who wanted to contribute is welcome.
- A new website dedicated to the Electra One app development will be launched. The documentation and app repository will be there.
- Even though this provides the C++ JUCE like API, the Lua interpreter is available in the firmware. I will be working on extending that part. My goal is to make it possible to create full-blown apps in Lua too.
- The base firmware has been extracted from the current Midi controller firmware and made somewhat more generic. It is a work in progress. There are still things that need cleaning up, improving, changing.
- The sources contains Doxygen comments. I will keep working on them in coming days so that full documentation is available soon.
- The build toolchain work perfectly on MacOS X. Windows and Linux still need some doing. It is possible to get it going though.
Any questions or suggestions. Let me know. Happy coding!