The firmware 1.5 is available for download.
This version brings a major change to how Electra works internally. Preset storage in RAM has been optimized. It is safe to load very large presets now. The MIDI message reading and forwarding has been reworked. It is now controlled with the hardware based timer. This means improved latency in general. The latency is not affected by the user actions any more.
These two changes really touched almost everything inside the Electra. We have tested the firmware a lot but still, there could be glitches - if you notice anything strange or if you experience any freeze, please report it to us.
The firmware is available on the Downloads page .
- Reworked MIDI messaging and routing. Hardware based timer is used now.
- Optimized RAM storage. Very large presets can be handled now.
- LCD rendering made more efficient. There should be no flicker or glitches when overlapping graphics shown (detail windows)
- Added proof-of-concept of Snapshot saving / loading (there will be an extra post about this feature)
- Changed visual representation of the faders with overlay items
- Add support for virtual parameters. These can be referenced in sysex messages.
- Fixed freeze when switching Electra off
- Fixed issue of lists that had text and image items. Texts were not displayed correctly.