Patch Parsing tool - testing and help needed

Do you plan to solve this via LUA or is it also a problem to react on multiple sysex dumps when parsing in LUA?

I canā€™t solve it right now. I mean, I could probably resolve it by looking intensively at the bytes in the replies, but knowing that this isnā€™t straightforward (I have to reverse engineer the message as well), Iā€™d rather wait for a solution where the E1 would recombine multiple Sysex dumps into one. If not limitless then preferably a larger number than only 256, or equally well a means to select which chunk of 256 bytes you want to adress in the parse editing. But for instance some of the old SY-Yamahas go well beyond 1500 parameters for one presetā€¦

1 Like

A recombination by the E1 to one sysex dump would be nice indeedā€¦

1 Like

I think that is not needed. I made 2 presets with patch parsing and both synth would have different requests for the edit buffer, sequencer or global settings.
I would then just create a different request in the json with its own parse section.
Then I use a button to fire those requests to the synth and then get it back for parsing.

1 Like

Yes that works. When looking at the Ambika structure, I now see my issue and the one from @studiobischof is different.

For the Ambika you can resolve this with multiple requests like @Flyweight is suggesting.

What I encounter: the dump, as a result of a single request, is longer than the current max of 256 bytes provided. Something not solvable currently with a split request.
I consider this to be off-topic on this thread.

1 Like