u-He Repro-1 Enhanced Preset

This is based on Christian’s brill preset with some enhancements and improvements. Hope you don’t mind me using it :slight_smile:

Changes:

• 14 bit resolution for VCF cut-off frequency parameter. You can now more accurately tune the VCF when used as an additional Osc
  • Dedicated Envelopes page allowing access to all VCF/VCA parameters and tweaks. Designed to avoid button hopping when fine tuning!
  • Dedicated ‘Perform’ page allowing access to all mod-matrix functions. Note: mouse still has to be used to select destination as this is not midi enabled in Repro-1
  • Simplification! Very light LUA with majority of functionality delivered using standard toolset. LUA only used to support port/channel selection and formatting functions. Super easy to understand and change to your prefs without breaking anything
  • Full 7 bit resolution - JSON Min-Max values removed and format functions deployed to present 0-100% values

Repro-1 Preset

Midi Map file is attached to this post!

I’ve ‘road tested’ this pretty extensively but if you find anything that doesn’t work properly let me know.

Have fun and happy sound creation.

Repro-5 version will follow shortly :slight_smile:

Si
com.u-he.Repro-1.midiassign.txt (8.3 KB)

4 Likes

Excellent! Don’t mind at all, let’s make it the best it can be :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great! Thank you! :blush:

2 Likes

Just so you know, with the removing of some of the Lua code, you removed the “double tap a knob to reset the value” feature.

2 Likes

Thanks Christian.

Probably should have mention in my post that I deliberately removed all ‘tap’ code. It wasn’t something I found to add value to my workflow and I would find myself accidentally triggering reset when programming and then having to work out what the heck I had done. Perhaps it’s me and my fumbling fingers :slight_smile:

I found the code in your preset really valuable in starting to understand some of the capability (I especially dug the function ScaleMidiOptions!) but a key driver for me was also simplification so took the decision to remove anything I deemed not absolutely necessary in terms of functionality to actually program patches on Repro-1.

In terms of ongoing maintenance overhead and ability for anyone to modify the preset to their taste/workflow the simplification means it’s almost impossible to break and literally drag, drop, copy and paste.

This is my first attempt at understanding E1 and a preset and I have lots to learn obviously! There are some things I don’t like about the way I’ve configured this and probably better ways to do things even without using LUA. As I discover these I’ll update along the way.

I have some programming experience and am currently doing a LUA course so as I learn more about LUA and the LUA extensions there’s no doubt I’ll start to consider deploying it where it is absolutely necessary to achieve an objective.

Si

1 Like

Hi @Grappa,

I’m glad it helped you, I only wanted to mention the functionality in case you had missed it. Looking forward to the Repro-5 version :slight_smile:

Christian

1 Like