Hello World!

Hi all,

Very excited at the package that finally arrived today!

Plugged it in, grabbed the U-He Repro 1 preset, tweaked it to fix the Osc A fine tune issue I seemed to be having and lost the best part of the rest of the day in sound creation :slight_smile:

It’s awesome and I can’t wait to dig in to some deeper development. I’ve already printed all of the docs and had a poke around the dev environment. Very cool…

I will say that it’s been a fair while since I bought something that oozed such quality and even after a few hours I know it’s going to revolutionise my world.

Si

4 Likes

Welcome to the club! :slight_smile:

Which U-He Repro 1 preset did you use, and what was the finetune issue? Because if it was mine I can see if I can fix it for others as well.

2 Likes

Hey Christian,

Thanks!

Yes - it was your published preset. I pushed it to the E1 and also grabbed the midi mapping file you reference.

The strangeness I spotted related to the ‘fine tune’ parameter on osc A. Moving the controller just caused the osc freq to jump down to -12 and then not move irrespective of controller adjustment. Moving the standard osc A frequency would then work fine and take over from setting just prior to touching the ‘fine tune’.

Looking at the preset, code and midi mapping file it seems that you were planning to use 14bit to control the osc A frequency?

I didn’t have the time to dig deeply (as I wanted to have a play with the E1 and Repro-1!) so I simply changed the preset/midi mapping to use separate 7bit for both fine tune and osc A freq in the same way you have implemented for osc B.

Just wanted to say thanks for creating the preset! Apart from the slight wrinkle above it’s now working brilliantly for me. I’m saving my patches directly into snapshots on the E1 which is fantastic as I can now just focus on programming like I would on hardware and not worry about misalignment of the VST settings and the controller. I hate working with a mouse/keyboard…

I’m also using it a base for understanding more about the environment and LUA. I do need to expand my knowledge of the MIDI protocol beyond being able to identify a din plug however!! :slight_smile:

Si