Web Editor Q's, Suggestions, etc

I’m still finding my way around the web editor, so some of this could totally be user error, but here are some things that I couldn’t figure out…

• The Group default label should read Group not Page.
  • I would love more control about brightness and colors of that label as well… When not selected it is the brightest item in that row. Not sure that is appropriate / useful.
  • Allow to copy items by (Mac) option + click.
  • Copy items in general. (Seems possible, but I haven’t found how yet.) Ideally option + click and drag to the next page’s tab.
  • Color and shapes in the web editor are way nicer than on the Electra screen. I find that a bit of a bummer actually, but maybe I haven’t set it up properly?

That’s it for now. Would love to hear what others think!

Thanks,
D.

One more thing that I’ve found is that the Blue and Green on the Controller look too similar. Good distinction on the web editor.

Are you sure you’re not changing the page label?

Keyboard shortcuts! :blush: So in your case cmd c etc

@markus.schloesser

Thank you for answering! :slight_smile:

Are you sure you’re not changing the page label?

Yes, indeed I am. See pic.

Keyboard shortcuts! :blush: So in your case cmd c etc

Thank you, that works. I just got confused as Option + Click seems to work as intended and then just doesn’t. See attached pic.

OptionClick

And I had another observation:

If I can drag a control to another place (which I love!!!) why can I not do the same with the group label?

for me it says “Group Label”

iirc copy&paste currently only works via Keyboard and not via context menu(right click)

you can also copy&paste group labels via keyboard shortcuts

@markus.schloesser Thank you.

for me it says “Group Label”

It says Group Label in the Menu, but comes up as labeled “Page” when you create it.
See the attached, marked up image.

iirc copy&paste currently only works via Keyboard and not via context menu(right click)

Thank you. I was experiencing and showing that Option + Click SEEMS to work as it does in pretty much all programs, the original stays in place and once one starts to drag the copy the green bubble with white Plus sign appears… At that point a Mac user might assume that Option + Click does indeed work as usual. But once you drop the intended copied control it just moves the original into the new spot. I hope that explains better my confusion and why I think it should be changed.

My suggestion: Either stop the green bubble and copied control from coming up or allow Option + Click to work as it usually does.

Edit: I just found that the animation appears already when just clicking and dragging the objects. That is weird too.

you can also copy&paste group labels via keyboard shortcuts

Thank you. Yes, that makes sense. For a faster work flow I would like though that I can just drag the group label where I want to as I can with the controls. If I can do it with the controls it is only logical to allow it for all other elements too, I think.

Here’s my use case: Things are pretty much organized on one page, but somehow things could be improved by just moving these two groups on slot to the left… I create space to the left by dragging the controls that are there to somewhere else, then I move the controls I found a new space for… It then would be so much easier to just drag the group label for it too. I’m not saying things are not possible, I’m suggesting changes that would make the work flow quicker, more intuitive and more logical as the same rules apply to all elements then.

Strange, for me it comes up correctly as group label (Vivaldi win10)

1 Like

Wow! Thank you! That could explain things! I’m on Chrome Version 102.0.5005.61 for Mac.

Try to hard reload the app.electra.one. ie. when you are in the editor, press CMD+R. The issue used to be there but it has been fixed already.

Point taken

• Allow to copy items by (Mac) option + click.
  • Copy items in general. (Seems possible, but I haven’t found how yet.) Ideally option + click and drag to the next page’s tab.

CMD+C and CMD+V should do the job. Shift click can be used to select multiple items. It can be used to transfer stuff between pages but also presets (when second editor is opened in the another tab).

The drag action is always a move. Honestly, I do not know where the green + sign comes from. I will check that out. I agree that this is a bit confusing. And will add drag and drop for groups.

Upcoming version 3.0 resolves that. While current firmware is “locked” within the 6 colours only, firmware 3.0 supports full 16-bit colour range. I do not want to say when it will go out, but good progress is being made lately.

1 Like

@martin Thank you for taking the time to address these points here! I appreciate it and think all the mentioned changes are going to make the E1 environment smoother and better.

Regarding the Group default label: The issue persists even after pressing CMD + R.

Try shift + cmd + r, that’s a reload without cache

Thank you @markus.schloesser !
I just did and the result unfortunately is as before.
Appreciate it!