Chrome update on Ubuntu ok?

Chrome 114.0.5735.133 is out and I’m running OS Elementary 6.1 Jolnir (Ubuntu 20.04.6), am OK to update to the new Chrome right now?

I am currently travelling and cannot test it. In general (on windows and macOs), the updates of chrome do not represent any problem. I would expect the it will be the same on Linux.

@stratblue have you updated your Chrome or shall I try that first for you?

Hi @stratblue

I tested Chrome 114.0.5735.133 on Kubuntu-23.04 yesterday. No problems (for me).

Regards, Holger

1 Like

I have a laptop running the new Elementary now, so I’ll try it on there tomorrow, confirmation would be nice though…

Thanks, Holger. Good to know.

1 Like

I’m having trouble with this on chrome 119 on linux. I get the popup to select an HID, the electra goes into firmware update and then nothing happens.If I reboot into windows it is just fine. I’ve had to do this for 3.5 and 3.5.1.

Is there a CLI method for doing this? The only local app I could find seems to hang when it starts.

I’m on ubuntu 23.04.

1 Like

E1 mk1 uses MKL04 (rev 2.0 - 2.2) or MKL02 (rev 2.3 - 2.4) bootloader chip from the PJRC (PJRC Store). It is identical chip that Teensy boards use. So, any info relevant to Teensy 3 / 4 applies to E1 firmware updates too.

I assume it does not work as you do not have udev rules set up. There are more sources with info on how to set that up. eg:

This will allow non-root access to the HID device. I cannot test it right now, but I guess it Chrome will be able run the update when udev rules are in place.

another option is to compile CLI:

note, you do not need to build whole firmware, just the tools in the above directory. When done:

./electra-firmware-tools enter-dfu -p "Electra Controller Electra CTRL"
sudo ./electra-firmware-tools upload --source firmware/build/firmware.img

of course if you have udev rules, you do not need to use sudo for the upload.

The firmware image files can be downloaded from:

https://docs.electra.one/downloads/firmware.html

1 Like

Martin,

I never replied but I just tried this udev suggestion and it worked for the firmware install.

-Dave

1 Like