Firmware 1.4

@technobear - an update.

I was working on the ability to save preset “control values” - for now I call a collection of control values a snapshot. I basically have WIP firmware, where the user can save a snapshot to a bank of snapshots, recall a specific snapshot later, and send current snapshot to connected devices. So far I worked with a limited number of snapshots, the bank can hold only around 30 of them. That will change, we need to invent decent user interface for working with bigger banks.

but, when I was busy with this two important things came along. @urbanspaceman and @quadram reported problems with loading bigger presets. And I myself noticed that MIDI latency is affected a lot when Electra is busy with bigger graphical tasks. These two issues seemed to be so important to me that I have decided to fix them first. The work resulted in quite big change in how presets are stored in RAM and switching MIDI processing on to a hardware driven interrupt handler. As these two changes are quite complex I want to release them when I am sure it is stable enough.

I am basically testing it only now, but I am not dare to say whether it will go out tomorrow or at the weekend. The simple snapshots (as described above) will be included.

5 Likes

Hi Martin,

Those are great news, as with the snapshots feature we can store “presets” for synths that don’t have that functionality already built-in :slight_smile:

1 Like