Up/down buttons

idea : a new button/pad type, which can increase or decrease a cc/program change value.

the main purpose of this is to be able to have 2 pads on the screen go to the next/previous patch (program change)

I see this as a variation of the current pad control. which currently sends a static value, on press/release.

the mode would be momentary like mode, called increment (?)
rather than on/off values , it would have min/max and increment
increment can be -1 to allow us to decrement values.

note: it is important that it also listens to the CC/program change message (in the same way as a fader does) since the ‘button’ has a value state.

a solid example :slight_smile:

on the octatrack, the current playing pattern can be changed using program change messages
( lets ignore the complication of banks I-P) - what Id like to do, is simply have a button to switch to the next (or previous) pattern.

I cannot currently do this with buttons, since it requires us to know what the current (program change) value is, and selecting via a fader would be error prone.

I see it mainly useful for program change messages or other parameters other synth values where you want to ‘step’ thru values rather than select specific values.

5 Likes

added that on the todo list. definitely makes sense.

3 Likes